Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Backpacking to THE Golden Trout Lake...

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Did you bait fish or primarily throw lures etc? Thanks for your feedback.
    TD
    I started using threaded worms, but that kept getting stuck under the rocks. I then used mini jigs, same problem. I ended up using power bait.(We were getting hungry)

C'mon guys those are golden trout this is the only place on earth you will find them so why eat them!!eat the stocked rainbows back down the mountain not the WILDS bro plus no bait fishing allowed in a wild trout area just the same as poaching it is illegal there are signs posted by the U.F.S and trout unlimited on C&R they are protected man

Very cool report.

It's always refreshing to see a report like this not involving truck trout.

Congrats on a succesful 54 mile hike (yikes!). Keep the reports coming, and my 2 cents to you is to disregard the haters who really should just stick to their city lakes ninja reports.

Quote Originally Posted by NICKYMOUSE8 View Post
    C'mon guys those are golden trout this is the only place on earth you will find them so why eat them!!eat the stocked rainbows back down the mountain not the WILDS bro plus no bait fishing allowed in a wild trout area just the same as poaching it is illegal there are signs posted by the U.F.S and trout unlimited on C&R they are protected man
    I knew we would see this sooner than later.. Give the guy a break man, Look at those fillets !! Thats Sushi grade Trout !!!

plus no bait fishing allowed in a wild trout area just the same as poaching it is illegal there are signs posted by the U.F.S and trout unlimited on C&R they are protected man
    The USFS has zero jurisdiction over fish in the state of California...the signs you speak of do not exist. Also, considering you don't even know what lake he caught the fish at, you would have no way of knowing whether or not there are special regulations. I happen to know the lake and I know that there are not.

C'mon guys those are golden trout this is the only place on earth you will find them FAIL so why eat them!!eat the stocked rainbows back down the mountain not the WILDS bro FAIL plus no bait fishing allowed in a wild trout area FAIL just the same as poaching it is illegal FAIL there are signs posted by the U.F.S and trout unlimited on C&R FAIL they are protected man FAIL

Seriously?

I am pretty sure there are goldens in Montana...

And like other people are saying, if you hike 54 miles, I think you are damn well entitled to eat a couple fish... Those are some awsome pics man...

Nice pics man way to go, fish looked delicious !!!

Oh Man!!!! I have always wanted to eat one of those goldens..........Well deserved meal. Congrats on a successful 54 mile hike. Nothing wrong with selective harvest. In fact, it is recommended to harvest to preserve species.
    OFG

It's crazy how red the flesh from those goldens are.

Thanks for the cool report.
    Last edited by sansou; 08-24-2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: resolved....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast