Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Day at DVL

Default Good Day at DVL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fishing trip 8 16 09 dvl 003.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	14731my nephew and i hit the water at 6:45am trolling out of the marina with no luck. when the kid suggested we anhcored down over some grass. within 20 min we had our first of 12 largemouth. caught all within a hour 5 were keepers. took them home to help out the neighbors. Especially my nephews 5.22lb man was it a beautiful bass, tightlines and good luck all.

Default thanx for the report

glad you had a good catch of fish at the jewel.

UH OHH i got a feeling s--t's gonna hit the fan, the bass nazi'should be kicking in anytime now

Please don't keep bass you catch.

Thanks.

nice fish. get ready to hear people tell you stuff about keeping the fish. but for me just release the bigger ones like the 4+lber's

God Bless

basscatcher
    Last edited by basscatcher; 08-19-2009 at 11:28 AM.

the biggest ones taste the worst...the best eaters are gonna be the younger smaller fish...but suit yourself.

LMB dont have much taste anyway...if you're gonna eat them every other fish available to catch at DVL will taste better.

Throw em all back, Bass taste bad anyway...just my opinion. Eat Crappie!

Apparently, a lot of people have been doing taste-test comparisons of Bass with other members of the Sunfish family.

Somehow, I doubt that. My BS-ometer is on high alert.

Bass taste as good as other members of the Sunfish family, although the really big ones might not taste as good as the medium sized ones. I don't know; I have never eaten a really big Bass.

Put the L/M Bass back CPR. Have your neighbors go to Stater Bros.

Default Hey GLB...lay off!

Unless you actually can't read, let me explain what he did. Apparently his neighbors need help and by giving them fish to eat, they may be able to just get by. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with taking a few fish home for the table. Yes...I understand the arguments about catch and release. Just keep in mind that we aren't talking "South East Asian Style" gillnetting like at some of our lakes like in the past. He took a legal limit of fish home to help out a friend. At least he was mindful of the size limit...right? If you think he is the only one taking fish out of there you're crazy. Why not join up with the DFG and walk the banks with your ticket book issuing tickets to the shore fishermen who are over-limit or taking fish that are too small. Until you're ready to take that action...don't bang on someone who took a few fish home.

I've been a bass fisherman for a long time and I definitely am a catch and release fisherman...but giving this guy a hard time for having a great time on the water and enjoying the lake for what it was meant for and to top it off doing a good deed for someone in need...you need to get a life.

Darin

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast