Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Anyone remember Wham Fishies Bait? Where'd they go?

Default Anyone remember Wham Fishies Bait? Where'd they go?

Hey everyone.

I was going through my tackle gear when I found an old bag full of bait I had bought years ago. In it were a few of those Wham fishies soft baits. I remember when these were really popular over at castaic. They have a great shad colorway. Anyone know what happened to that company? I wouldnt mind stocking up on them. The bass love them when the shad are out. Any place to find these still?

Thanks.

I dont think "Worm King" (Maker of Whams) is around any longer??????

A company called Maniac now makes a bait identical to it! It is called the Maniac Minnow. Trust me I know what you are talking about when you talk about the effectivness of these baits. I do carry them here at Irvine Lake in four diffrent colors and Longfin Tackle carries them as well.

I saw these at a tackle shop I hadn't been to in awhile...picked up a pack. Whats your fav way to rig these? And what hook do you use?

Thanks
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by VineAssist View Post
    A company called Maniac now makes a bait identical to it! It is called the Maniac Minnow. Trust me I know what you are talking about when you talk about the effectivness of these baits. I do carry them here at Irvine Lake in four diffrent colors and Longfin Tackle carries them as well.
    May have to take a look at them the next time I'm at LongFin.

Ya. I checked and it seems they were discontinued. They were really hot at one time. I had a few great days on the water with them. Worked as well as any bait I have used. They are actually called Wham Fisheze. Wham “Lil Fishee” color “Castaic Magic". Such a good bait looked like a natural shad. Oh well.

I will check out the ones that you suggested.

We normally fished them in a split shot rig or with a 1/16ounce owner jig head.

kennys rod and reel in upland has some whams in stock in like 5 colors

God Bless

basscatcher

Default wham fisheeze

Hey all,

the original "wham fisheeze" are now owned by Flutter Craft Lures and will be back into production soon, they will be making all 4 sizes of the old original molds!

this is where you can contact them: info@fishermansoutpost.com

happy fishing,
    baitmaker
    >>)))*<~~~