Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Near limit at local park!

Default Near limit at local park!

Today I hit up one of my favorite local spots that usually produce many bites and small bass. Started with a Black and Blue Chatterbait 3/8oz, and within minutes (probably 5th cast or so) a bass nails it hard! My Phenix X-10 Crankbait stick guided the bass out from the weeds and I lip it after a good fight for my first ever chatterbait fish! Looks like I'll be buying more colors!

There was some sort of picnic and kids started to surround me while I was fishing and didn't leave room for me to cast or so. I started pitching a sexy shad roboworm since I can't cast due to the kiddos surrounding me and got another fish (no picture). By now, more kids gathered and started annoying me about why I release fish. "You should keep it, I would!" and my personal favorite, "Why do you fish if you don't keep em?"

My third fish was the biggest of the day; a solid 2 3/4 lb fish, also caught with a sexy shad roboworm. This fish fought great and it took a while for me to guide it to an area I can lip it without having it lay on the grass. Asked one of the kids to take a picture of it, guess they were useful after all.

My 4th fish today was also on the same robo and was under 2 lbs, but I hooked it nearly 2 seconds after my worm touched water and since it was far out there, it was a great little battle. All this was in an hour, and even though the bite was off the hook, I decided to leave when the adults started looking at me catching. I didn't want them to return and perhaps keep the fish.

Yay c-bait!
    I love how they hammer those.

way to go...i dig the background....may i do love the flashbacks

and nice choice of color

Default parks

Good catches. Ive only caught 1 LMB so far this year.

Default Sweet Catches!

Nice fish.

Is this lake a private lake?? or you just dont want everyone hitting up your favorite spot? haha

-Eeither way awesome fish and good job on showing those little bastards how to catch and release!!!

-Live Crawdad

Default limit

That looks like ralph clark park in oc.

Awesome job young Brother! How is it that you have all this killer gear on a struggling students income!?! I think I know where this is and you musta caught ever fish in there.

nice job bro. i've heard you been slammin them there lately. i need to go back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by weaponofbassdestruction View Post
    That looks like ralph clark park in oc.
    the water at RalphB. is stained green now?

Quote Originally Posted by smokinflies View Post
    nice job bro. i've heard you been slammin them there lately. i need to go back soon.

the water at RalphB. is stained green now?
    haha definitely NOT ralph B. Yeah Told Greg about the spot I got 4 yesterday also same area, but skunked it today fishing a different technique.

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    haha definitely NOT ralph B. Yeah Told Greg about the spot I got 4 yesterday also same area, but skunked it today fishing a different technique.

yeah i was suppose to go with him to the area last week and i totally forgot. i've been wanting to back there for the bass, so i think we're gonna set something up for next week.

BTW i know this nice little place where you could sight fish for bass, they're not huge, but they're nice and it's "freakin sight fishing"!!! ask greg where.
    Last edited by smokinflies; 08-18-2009 at 08:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast