Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Float Tube Bass Fishing In Indiana

Default Float Tube Bass Fishing In Indiana

This is the third time I've float tube fished. And this time I had time to fish for a few hours & did much better.

Here's a pic that the DNR guy took when I made it back to the landing. He had his video cam & digi cam waiting when I pulled up. We ran into him while fishing, real nice guy & I've met him before. He was interested in the float tubes & thought it was a great idea. He wanted pics to show to his wife so both can get float tubes.

So here's my centerfold pic w/ my fins raised up(See Nessie, the Hotspot fins, these fins are awesome!). Orange t-shirt & yellow float tube, I want to be sure I'm seen. There were quite a few pontoon boats out & I wanted to stick out like a sore thumb!

It was a fun day fishing, started out at 7 am & I fished till 2 pm. I ended up w/ 9 bass, all under a couple pounds but the weather was nice...even though a thunder storm was slowly moving in. The water & wind was calm, found a few new places to fish. I used pretty much an assortment of lures & did quite well. I started w/ a popper & produced a couple bass, then went w/ a wacky rigged 4" senko for a couple more. Then switched to another popper for another & went w/ a jitterbug for a couple more. Caught a couple bass on a Gambler frog & finally a couple on a jerkbait...I lost count, but I reckon it was around 9 bass w/ many misses.

My buddy did the best from the 3 of us, he caught a few more than me & landed the biggest, around 3 1/2 lbs. It gave him a good fight & when it jumped, he knew he had a pretty good bass on hand

Float tube fishing is way too much fun! It's quite easy to get around when the water is calm w/ a very slight breeze, no problem. BUT when the afternoon came & we came out of a channel, it was tough to kick against the wind. I'm guessing I had a mile or more to cover to get back to the landing. It took a long time & a couple leg cramps, those hurt!

People around the lake were amused at us 3 float tubing around & fishing. Many were as I said amused & asked friendly questions. But one lady didn't like that we were close to her part of the lake. Like we didn't have a choice, we were being pushed by the wind in her direction & said that we were on our way out & no harm done. We didn't even land close to where she was, just a b*tchy old lady....I guess I'm glad she didn't go back into her house to fetch a shotgun....rednecks!

Me & the family are off to Southern Calif next week, so the float tube will be put away till we get back. It's been a blast float tube fishing here in Indiana & having people that never seen one just gawk at you. Now if this was So Cali, these things are a dime a dozen in lakes that allow float tube fishing.

Now I am starting to understand what fishing equipment to use & best ways to get around a lake.

Forgot to mention the first "thing" I caught was a huge bullfrog! I tossed a Spro frog to some lily pads & saw this "thing" come to see what's up. It jumped on the Spro & before I could move it away, the bullfrog was hooked, good!

My buddy & his girlfriend were LOL, so was I. He took a pic of the bullfrog catch, but I couldn't get it to load up correctly. That's like the third big bullfrog this year, on a frog lure!