Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Anyone ever use the weedless Huddlestons?

Default Anyone ever use the weedless Huddlestons?

I was at Bass Pro the other day and I saw that they were carrying the 6 in weedless trouts there. Has anyone had any success on those? They were only $18 or so. I was gonna get one, but I wanted to see if they were any good. What turned me away at first was the fact that the fish has to clamp down on the bait, but what if the fish just inhales it?

Default ...

Dude - for as much R&D that Hudd does with its baits ... I'd get it ... they sell it for $17 on the website - and you have to pay for shipping ... get it at Bass Pro !!!... and PLEASE use a 50 lb braid or somethin' .... even though it's weedless, you never know when a 12 lb bass is gunna take you down into a submerged bush!!

As far as the "weedless" concern: watch youtube videos of a bass inhaling a prey - they inhale and close their mouth as SOON as they inhale ... as you set the hook, the force of the bait sliding "out" of the bass' mouth will cause that thin rubber covering the hook to bend out of the way... fish on!

Looks great and the action looks perfect. Would look sick bouncing off some riprap. Wish they could make a sardine color for calicos.