Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: How to cook Barracuda?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How to cook Barracuda?

Anyone have any good ways to cook cuda. I tried it the first time a couple years ago by just grilling it and it was pretty damn fishy. I caught a couple yesterday and was thinking maybe smoking it or frying it up for tacos would be better. Im sure someone out there knows the trick for these fish.

soak the fillets in milk for 3-4 hrs. make sure you cut off any dark colored meat. thats where the fisy taste is. i like to marinade mine in teriaki sauce with crushed red pepers and then grill it.

Ceviche them bleed em and put them on ice smoking em is good to if you are on a charter boat and they are baked from the sun and all dried give em away to your cats.

Bigred

ceviche............

smoke em lg zigs

Preparing after the catch is KEY!!!

To fishy for me.....

Pull a gill and bleed them well as they die!!. Keep cool/cold...
    Bleeding them takes a lot of that taste out, and keeping them cool/cold keeps them fresh and the meat firm...

They go bad fast, so 2 days is about the limit in the fridge.... A long hot day in a dry gunny sack and they are TOAST!!

Default Cooking Cudas

As Nessie said they go bad FAST. The real key if you plan on eating them is to ice down as soon as you catch them. If you are fishing a 1/2 day or 3/4 day and they sit in the gunny sack for even 1-2 hrs they will go to mush. It use to kill me to see the deckies filleting them after a full day in the sun, when they would start to skin them you would see the meat tear and fall apart.

I hear a lot of people say they marinade them in Italian Dressing and cook them on the BBQ.

Good Luck