Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for 2 rods

Default looking for 2 rods

gona start looking now even thou i dont have the money, yet. lol. need 2 decent rods. 7'6" spinning medium action, fast or ex fast taper. also 7'6"-8' casting rod same specs. maybe med heavy on the casting rod. gona use the casting rod for plastics like 3-5" swimbaits, throwing the lcfm110 and maybe some live bait action. spinning rod gona be used for d/s, or grubbin in nph. just decent rods guys. nothing top of the line but good quality. i was looking at teramars and clarus's but thats still a little to much $$ for now.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    gona start looking now even thou i dont have the money, yet. lol. need 2 decent rods. 7'6" spinning medium action, fast or ex fast taper. also 7'6"-8' casting rod same specs. maybe med heavy on the casting rod. gona use the casting rod for plastics like 3-5" swimbaits, throwing the lcfm110 and maybe some live bait action. spinning rod gona be used for d/s, or grubbin in nph. just decent rods guys. nothing top of the line but good quality. i was looking at teramars and clarus's but thats still a little to much $$ for now.
    The casting rod might be your biggest challenge. Throwing a lc110 and a 5" swimmie is very large weight difference. You might have to consider a lighter rod for now and get another heavier rod later.
    Sorry I can't help with more specific models/brands. Most members on this site, I notice, use bass gear for inshore purposes. I found some (Quantum Boca) inshore gear online (most guys here like to get hands on...which can be a good idea if you're not familiar with rod actions).
    LW

im familiar with it and was just seeing if anyone has suggestions. i usualy sitick with 3" swimbaits and the lc. i got a clarus 8'6" med light action today and is gona work great for the d/s and 3" swimmies. now i just need a rod for the lc. i can cast it far with a 6'6" but would like to see a little more distance with the longer rod and to keep the line off the waves a bit more.

Get a Daiwa Procyon. I introduced it to a buddy and he loves it. The longest is 7', but it's great. Just a bit too heavy for my liking, but for $50 it fishes like a $100 rod.

Few tackle shops carry them, but just ask them to order it for you. My friend had his ordered by Angler's Marine, so it costs nothing for shipping.

They have these at Walmart if your really on a budget and want new..
    I gave one to Matt. We both dig it for what it cost. I caught a few hali's on it before I handed it over no prob with the LC..
    He caught that huge spotty on it with a big hammer I think.
    I think the one I gave him was 7 foot though.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 08-09-2009 at 03:27 PM.

yeah i dont want a heavy rod either kevin. i seen you guys at 15th st. saturday morning but i was busy helpin some fool in a boat and when i turned around u were gone. anyone who knows me knows i like lite tackle. i think im gona hit nph tomarow. would really like another 8'6" rod but a medium heavy this time with a fast or ex fast taper for slingshotting that lc out there. i use my buddys yester day a bit and can get a 40-50 yd cast easy with the lc.

I really like the Shakespere Agility spinning rods, you can get them several places on line, or buy the combo for almost the same price as just the rod at Sports Authority. Budget rod and reel that performs very nicely.

yeah i have agility reels that i use for trout and bass. 8bb for 40 bucks is a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    yeah i dont want a heavy rod either kevin. i seen you guys at 15th st. saturday morning but i was busy helpin some fool in a boat and when i turned around u were gone. anyone who knows me knows i like lite tackle. i think im gona hit nph tomarow. would really like another 8'6" rod but a medium heavy this time with a fast or ex fast taper for slingshotting that lc out there. i use my buddys yester day a bit and can get a 40-50 yd cast easy with the lc.
    Could've sworn that was you haha. Sorry I didn't stop by to BS, but we were on a schedule haha.

The Procyon is a bit heavy, but I'm comparing them to rods as couple of classes higher than what they're at. For $50, they're a steal!

For the LC, I wouldn't recommend an ex-fast. Fast will be okay, but mod actions can sling baits further than anything and they have a backbone that coushins the big trebles of a flashminnow.

I really like the 7'6" Offshore Series Gold Cup Inshore series rod(Basspro)..... It's perfect for the applications you want to use.... I pair mines up with a 4000 stradic for swimmies and LCs or a Daiwa TD Sol 2500 for dropshotting or jigging gulp! alive.... it's like $70 and worth it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast