Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad fish count reports

Default Bad fish count reports

Now normally fish counts are a little off as the deckhands are guessing an approx per angler...but I took my son and two buddies out of Pierpoint on there twilight Wednesday night and it was straight up slow...very slim pickins with 45 anglers on board...approx. 1/2 the anglers got skunked and the other 1/2 got 1 or 2 a piece...couple guys had a few more...we are talking no more than 40 fish on the boat...all sandbass except 2 sculpin...

Pierpoint reported well over 300 sandbass...total B.S.

Pierpoint used to be my favorite landing to fish out of because of the professional attitude , good captains, and great deck hands...Not the case this last trip at all...

As far as I am concerned they ramped up the fish report to lure in the fisherman which is bogus business...unfortunately for them they have lost a customer that likes to entertain. I take out alot of guys fishing as appreciation of there hard work...I will be moving on to another landing for the rest of the summer...

I have frequented 22nd street but have not in a few years...does anybody have a suggestion of another landing?

Also if anyone on here knows any of the personnel that run the Southern Cal or anybody else at Pierpoint let them know they are being called out on their B.S. reports...

Sorry had to vent...I hate LIARS...
    Last edited by hektic77; 08-06-2009 at 06:18 PM.

Try long beach marina, love the enterprise.

Try Long Beach Sportfishing...I was impressed last time i fished with them. Things are turning around for the better... The Native Sun crew is great, The Icon is on a roll, Capt. Anthony Fisher is back and running the Tide Change. On top of that, they are running the 3 for 2 deal!

I agree with Vic.........Long Beach Sports Fishing really goes the exxtra mile to keep you happy and on the fish.......No exaggerated fish counts, actually I think they are a little low sometimes.......OFG

that sucks if they posted as u said about limits when they didnt...but also remember when it comes to twilight counts, whatever you see (like todays counts) are from the previous day. try as people have said LBSF or MDR for twilights.
    [IMG]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1952/osiitoavatorat7.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6360/38134035pg5.jpg[/IMG][img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8875/28244273hx0.jpg[/img][img]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4591/trophiesal2.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    that sucks if they posted as u said about limits when they didnt...but also remember when it comes to twilight counts, whatever you see (like todays counts) are from the previous day. try as people have said LBSF or MDR for twilights.
    100% agree...sometimes the counts that are reported are from the day before.

Ive gotten FAKE fish counts from pierpoint as well. several times.

Sorry to hear about your personal experience, but I would have to agree with vic, I was there last week on the native sun off of Long Beach Sport Fishing on a twilight trip and they definitely take care of you there. I love it, I would definitely go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Sleep Fish View Post
    Ive gotten FAKE fish counts from pierpoint as well. several times.
    Same here........

LB Marina, Enterprise took care of us last Sunday night, but as one poster said before the twilight numbers are always a day off, they get reported after 5pm on the day after.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast