Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Slamming Bass at the Flats 8/02/09

Default Slamming Bass at the Flats 8/02/09

My friend wanted to take the boat out so I could only think of one good place to go right now and that was the Huntington flats. Did pretty good there on the twilight Friday night but it was nothing like what I was about to get into. It was nice in the morning except for the charter boats harrassing every boater that came by. Some of them were idiots so I didnt mind and it was entertaining. Right when we got there I started throwing plastics and got it quick for 2 decent sandies/ After that the bite came on and off. We fished for about 3 hours, I landed 8 sand bass and farmed about 4 all on plastics. Everyone around me was fishing live bait and didnt catch sh*t. I did add a little strip of something every time I casted out and it was the HOT TICKET.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0607.JPG 
Views:	245 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	14348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0613.JPG 
Views:	259 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	14349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0620.JPG 
Views:	334 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	14350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0626.JPG 
Views:	223 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	14351  

Hi Peezy, thanks for the report and pic's. What color plastics were you using. I make my own jigs and plastics so I can make them any way I want.
    I hope to get out there Thursday so the information would be a big help. I look forward to you next report.

TL's

Jig-Guy

Hi peezy,

Good job on the plastics well actually ..... first plastics and then ....... plastics and then .... yech ..... addition of a Squid strip trailer for the WO bite.

Looks like a good bunch of fish tacos there !!

Thanks and keep those reports coming,

JapanRon

Great report and pics brother....FYI, just to help, you guys should keep your cuda, if possible, laying flat all day....even the bass...when they get curled like that, and you go to "flatten" them out to fillet/clean, the meat will tend to get mushy.....

thanks for the report homie,.,,,,

GD

Thanks GD I did notice that when I cleaned the fish later that day.

Quote Originally Posted by peezy View Post
    Thanks GD I did notice that when I cleaned the fish later that day.
    no worries man...

GD

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Great report and pics brother....FYI, just to help, you guys should keep your cuda, if possible, laying flat all day....even the bass...when they get curled like that, and you go to "flatten" them out to fillet/clean, the meat will tend to get mushy.....

thanks for the report homie,.,,,,

GD
    I learn something new everyday. Thanks for the heads up. Nice job out there guys.