Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPH 6/23

Default NPH 6/23

Hey Everyone,

Went out on Sunday to NPH to try our luck on a skiff from Davey's. This was the first time for me as I usually fish the bay from a float tube. We arrived at about 645 and were on the water til noon. We drifted from Davey's down to the mouth and came back on the other side near balboa. I had my girlfriend and sister rigged up on frozen chovies and squid with a 1oz sinker (carolina) while I was throwing plastics, mostly 3 inch BH's. It was very slow for most of the morning and the girls didn't have much luck on the bait so I set them up on plastics as well. Anyway we did end up drifting into one nice little whole where we caught most of our fish pictured below.

5 Spotties
    2 Sandies
    1 Halibut
    1 WSB or maybe YFC not sure how to tell...

We had most of our luck at about 1030 on anything with bright orange in it...

I like your fish but theres something about your Avatar. :death2above:

Nice fish! Your WSB is actually a yellowfin croker so you second guess there was right.

thembastards,

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: very true its all about the angels

Looks like a fun day, nice job out there.

Pshhh come on now how many world serie have the Angels won? o ya 1. The ralley monkey is a joke. Dodgers all the way baby. O ya by the way good job on the catch :D

Come on guys.......why hijack this guys thread?

Nice hali and spottie Mike.....way to get the girls out and fishing!!!!

By the way didn't the Angles KILL the Dodgers in the Freeway series!!!!
    PRETTY MUCH!!!!

sonarbp

Yeah it was a nice day out on the skiff. If anybody has any suggestions on where to fish from a skiff or what type of set up I should use with bait I'd really appreciate it. I really enjoy getting the family on some fish but its hard to get in tight to the same place you can in a tube...

Thanks Fellas....

As for b-ball- Though the Angels have owned the Dodgers of late I have one comment: As evidenced by your ""LA" of Anaheim" you'll always be chasing our history and nastalgia similar to the Mets chasing the Yankees, you'll never be LA's team or for that matter So Cal's :wink:

for bait i usualy target halibut. i use a 16" leader aprox. with a 3/4 to 1oz slider. send it down to the bottom right out side davey jones with a chovie. run it out abotu 20 yards and troll as slow as u can. stay on the right side inbeween the docks and the boats anchored up. u can catch halis all day like this. troll from davey jones out twards the wedge. also u can bounce plastics of the bottom with good success.

Awesome report, looks like a great time!!! :thumb: :thumb:

By the way, arguing Dodgers vs. Angels is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, ya still get to ride home in the short bus. If ya know what I mean. :wink:

Later,
    Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast