Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: flathead fishing with mangles

Default flathead fishing with mangles

hit up the alamo river with mangles last night....mangles started out with a 11 pounder then a 7 pounder...he also had a couple of runs...I ended up with a 5 pounder and 2 runs also had a real heavy one get un buttoned 5 feet from the shore...I also had another big one get me hung up in the structure....had to break off my 65 pound braid line....overall a great night out..with good company...thanks chad....TODD. also all cats were catch n release
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 269.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	14286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 272.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	14287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 273.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	14288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 275.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	14289  

Way to go fellow. Nice way to get out there and let some cats go too. Flathead anticipation is going through me, I can not wait.

B

You guys have them dialed in.. You caught 3 more than I EVER CAUGHT>>LOL. I am determined to get into some flat action.. Cdouble and I are gonna get it figured out and kill them one day soon... Thanks for the post and pics to motivate us..
    What were the baits? IV side or blythe of the alamo?

Thanks,
    CS

we fished the iv side of the alamo from brawley towards the salton sea. We use live bait...bluegill....you can also use goldfish too... tilapia can be used in only a few areas just check with dfg..TODD

Nice cats.WTG on the C & R.