Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: What Knot To Tie

Default What Knot To Tie

Hey All,

Heading out for some turd rollers tonight on a twilight. What is the best knot to join braid with Floro? I know how to tie the uni to uni, but I have not tried it with braid to floro. Any other suggestions, or should I just go with the Double Uni?

Thanks For the Help!

Wes
    Poxy Boggards

Default thsi has worked for me

Surgeon's knot and seaguar knots are okay, but it's more designed for similiar diameter lines- mono to fluoro.

I'd say tie the knot that you're most comfortable in tying.

Uni-to-uni works well for alot of people. If it is for a short topshot, you really can't go wrong with it. The main problem I have with uni-to-uni knot are the tag ends. They tend to stick other spools of line when casting if the knot lies on the spool.

I've used a uni to uni knot http://www.thaifishingguide.com/fish...not_steps.html and also a seaguar knot http://www.netknots.com/html/seaguar_knot.html with no problems.

I tie a uni to uni...I learned the albright but I havent tried it on a fish yet.

Thanks for the replies guys! I think I'll try the uni to uni knot first then perhaps the surgeon if the uni to uni fails.

I'm just going to put on a 6' topshot so that I can tie on a dropper loop.

Anybody been having luck out there with just a sliding sinker to the hook?

Thanks!

Wes
    Poxy Boggards

Don't even bother with the flouro. Fishing the twilight it's not going to matter. Just use plain mono and you'll be fine. Make it easier on yourself, use a barrel swivel to make your connection. It will help with the line twist too.