Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: help with a knot!!!

Default help with a knot!!!

i will make it short i need suggestion on a knot for a 1/4 oz leadhead. This knot pictured sliped through eyelid after fish took off to the bottom. Alot of people say leave slack in the knot to allow movement of the jig. Any help would be great Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	knot.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	14260  
    Last edited by socalfish; 08-01-2009 at 07:02 AM.

sorry for long post but was so bummed he was a good size! dont want to loose another

Wow that was a really long sentance/paragraph

I havent had any trouble with my palomar knots slipping...maybe you should give them a try.

Palomar & Trilene.... I like the double line through...

Line to Line = Uni to Uni....

http://tinyurl.com/yw7omq

I have never found a loop knot necessary when fishing a lead head. Palomar is the way to go. I tie a few different knots, but I have only taught my son the Palomar because I think its that good. A loop knot is great when fishing a jerk bat or something in that nature but definitely not needed for the lead head.

Hope this helps.

ANIMATEDKNOTS.COM is an excellent site to answer most knot questions--

So far as 'leaving slack' in your knot is concerned, unless the knot is specifically designed to leave that slack/loop, your knot will definitely slip out--(clinch, palomar, etc)

Designed to leave a small loop connecting to the 'eye', are the Rapala knot, the Precision knot and the Surgeon's knot--Have fun.

Palomar the best. Used different knots for hooks and artificial but not anymore. Palomar is fast easy and reliable

Default try a different brand

i had same problem with loops and lead heads seperating. i started using owner darterhead setup and have no problem with seperation of loop from eye of hook or lead head

thanks guys!