The only reason theres more small fish than big fish is people using trout,bluegills,and other small bass and catching the big bass and taking them home the enviroment has absolutly nothing to do with this problem at legg its a strictly poacher problem legg its actually not that small the south lake has more than enough room to sustain a big population of bass up till a few years ago thats how it was,How would you see data if your never there and dont see the things that are going on im there almost everyday ive seen first hand what kind of damage the lake has taken.

THINGS GOING ON AT LEGG SO PEOPLE COULD UNDERSTAND
1.Unlike other lakes poachers dont care about any rules of size and weight they take strictly (ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING) including ducks and turtles.

2.people using trout,bluegill,babybass,goldfish,and tilapia they buy live at the fish market for bait.

3.people walking around with ocean rods and 80 # braid and a 5/0 treble hook ready to snag whatever touches shore.

4.Packs of people throwing 6 or 7 home made rigs with plastic bottles and cans using gamefish as bait.

5.50% of the people fishing legg never even seen or know what a fishing license is.

6.people taking limitless ammounts of any type of fish for example BUCKETS FULL OF BLUEGILLS,ALL THE BASS THEY CAN CATCH AND TRUST ME WITH LIVE BAIT ITS NOT THAT HARD TO BAG A BUNCH OF BASS IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME,SENDING THE WIFE ON TRIPS TO THE CAR TO HIDE FISH IN COOLERS IN THE TRUNKS OF THEIR CARS,IVE PERSONALY SEEN ALL THIS HAPPENED AT LEGG ON A EVERYDAY BASIS.

7.People using nets and scooping out buckets of fry and small fish saying its for there fish tank at home.

8.People acting like they cant understand english when your trying to educate them about catch and release.

9.Local police dont know and dont give a dam about any fishing regulations or infractions.

10.Ive actually been attacked at legg before ive had poachers swing there carp rods at me,And even been told(I WAS GONNA GET SHOT) and yes a police report was made.

So as you can see this has been a on going battle for me and the leggulars that witness all the things that go on at legg hopefully now everyone has a better idea of what really goes on behind closed doors at the legg.

LAST YEAR I TRIED TO PUT UP SIGNS TO CATCH AND RELEASE THE BASS AND YES I DID TALK TO OUR LOCAL DFG (DON NELSON LOCAL WARDEN) AND HE SAID HE WAS FINE WITH THE IDEA HE TOLD ME IT WAS REALLY UP TO THE PARK TO MAKE THE DECISION UNFORTUNATLY THE PEOPLE THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO HELP DIDNT TAKE THE IDEA SERIOUSLY AND I COULDNT DO EVERYTHING MYSELF.I REALLY BELEIVE THE PARK DOESNT EVEN KNOW ALL THIS THINGS ARE HAPPENING BUT IM GOING TO TAKE ACTION AND INFORM THEM EVERYTHING.I REALLY HOPE PEOPLE HAVE A BETTER IDEA OF WHATS GOING ON FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS LIVED AND SEEN IT HAPPENED AND HOPEFULLY ILL HAVE THE SUPPORT OF MY FELLOW FISHERMAN THANKS.

PS.I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE IF THE PEOPLE THAT WANT TO SUPPORT ME AND THE LEGG TO MAKE A CHANGE PLEASE EMAIL MR.DON NELSON (DFG) AT dnelson@dfg.ca.gov AND EXPLAIN THAT A CHANGE AT LEGG NEEDS TO BE DONE.