Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: clemente 6 23-24 epic pics just added in reply post!!

Default clemente 6 23-24 epic pics just added in reply post!!

Me, Frank and Mike headed out over the weekend to do some fishing.. It is perhaps the best trip ever on his boat that we have experienced!!! After hearingreports of good yellowtail fishing at Clemente we decided to give it a go. Launched around 7 and grabbed a half scoop of deans and over to Catalina in great seas for a scoop of squid. Heard of some seabass on the bait grounds so we spent the night and fished
    till 6:30am for nada.. The wind was building out of the southwest and the west swell was evident but we headed across anyways.. seas were lumpy but not too bad(no rain gear needed). Ran along the front side passing several boats and shot above China point on the backside. The wind and big swell sent us back on the east side of China point and we set up. Mike was the first to hook a yellow only to have it break off in the kelp. After not much action frank decides to call last cast and hooks up decking a 12lb yellow; i landed an 8lber shortly afterwards. Frank finished up
    the stop with another fish before the action died and we headed for the fronside to give it a whirl. Setting up on white rock (where most of the early week action was) we set out some baits and got nothing but a
    monster batray and a few mystery bites. with the wind up we decided to head back around to china/pyramid cove area and see what we could do. The wind was still up and seemed to die the further we got around back.
    Finding a good looking spot off the corner at Pyramid Cove we proceeded to catch calico after calico..Perfect time for the flyrod aka. windstick! Getting a couple nice calicos to go, on a cast i am stripping in
    and this large form is following and eats my flie stripping line. a huge line knot gets caught up and luckily zips out of the guides.. The fish is dogging
    me and wraps me in the kelp.. A little game of give and take and the fish comes out.. here comes the tangle in my line.. we clear it and i get the fish coming in... We start screaming as a 20+ lb seabass comes up and is gaffed... After some screaming and jumping around we get back to work. Mike stephan is tossing the surface iron and backlashes.. he reels it
    in and drops it down to clear it.. on the retrieve hes bit and does a number on another nice seabass.... The conditions change and the bites goes flat. We pull the hook and head up the line and see a boat inside bit.
    We slide in on the outside and start brailing the donuts(chopped squid chunks). We hear a comment from the other boat "It doesnt matter we got 8 on the boat already" and they go on to farting around not fishing
    hardly. After a few on the sink i get ripped and whack another good seabass.. we're getting real excited now..Mike and frank get a double and they both get busted off... next up mike whacks one... then frank
    hooks up and gets another yellow!! Mike and frank get a double and Mikes limited out.. Frank lands one solo style. we need 1 more for me and one more for frank.. I have a rod in the holder on the bow with a
    jig/squid.. not paying attention i hear crack and look up to see the holder missing.. i run up to find the holder pointed straight down and the safety line on the rail holding on tight... i wrench the holder back
    up and rip the rod from the holder and kill the seabass on 40lb. One more and we are done!!!! Frank drops down and gets slammed... hes pulling hard and low and behold a 30+ lb halibut!!! it gaff it and its
    ours... unbelievable!!! If you know frank, you know what this halibut means to him.. no one puts in more effort for halibut then him!! We still need anothe seabass.. frank casts out and hangs his lst fish and
    does a fine job on it and we are done...About an hour after our anchor hit bottom we were limited out putting 7 seabass, a yellowtail, and a monster halibut on the deck... Elated we headed into pyramid for the
    night to clean fish for a couple hours and enjoy a well enjoyed steak dinner.... Slept in late sunday and slid back out with the boats and set up.Having already put a ton of fish on the deck we took our time and
    really didnt fish hard the rest of the trip. I get a Yellow on the dine(released)on my new light flippin stick with 20lbbraid and a shorty flouro leader and mike wanting a yellow on the surface iron gets his(released) Frank wanted one on 10lb he got his bite but couldnt stop it from getting himn in the kelp!!! We called it at 9:00am and headed in early in awesome
    seas!!! It was truely an awesome trip.. We couldnt ask
    for more..
    Mike
    Big Hammer Swimbaits

Default some reason it didnt let me post pics.. need help w/pics

I'll try to add them later, anyone know what i am doing wrong? i browse the pic and then hit add attachment... then nothing shows up!!! thanks

Make sure the photos are within the size limits of allowable photos.......

If you need more help, check out the photo section as there is a easy to use guideline there for loading photos.

Thanks for the report!

geezus....I gotta get to the island. Cant wait to see the pics!

GillyGreen,

Sounds like fun. I'm taking my flyswatter on my Clemente trip late August.

Fantastic report !

Appreicated!

JapanRon

Default pics hopefully!!!!!!

here they are.. I think i finally got it!!!

uh very nice, I like

you guys killed it, nice job

I hate you guys :lol: Thats seriously a nice limit of WSB and that big hali to boot :thumb: Every lurker with a private boat is going to be at Clemente now :lol:

In the second picture of the WSB it looks like it was thinking about hitting the jig :lol:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast