Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cost of Fishing Today

Default The Cost of Fishing Today

How much more will the average person be gouged to fish in Southern California. All backslapping aside about the new ramp what will the real cost be? The fees are going to keep going up until only a select few can afford to use the lake. Wait until the next gas crisis. Where does the cost of our state license go to fund? Why doesn't the Met. Water District give the people who it gouges every month a break once every hundred years? I myself love Diamond Valley Lake , I was one of the first one hundred boats to register back when. Really how much more can a working person afford to spend to go fishing? What use to be a serene sport is just a big business built for greed. LDJ

Get yourself a poppy pass and hit a state park every day.
    Best value out there.

They should tax the people that use the lake the most, like they do in Texas. The tournement fishermen need to pay more for the privledge of giving all those bass sore mouths and making the weekends so crappy for the other fishermen. The shore fishermen need to be considered too. Just because they can't afford fancy boats doesn't mean they aren't human beings too. The big bass and striper are an indirect result of putting the feeder size trout in there.

Default What was that all about

[QUOTE=tacklejunkie;372184]Get
    Last edited by Catrack77; 11-19-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Here we go again.
    It was just a suggestion.
    I pay $90 a year and can fish 365 days a year at Perris or Silverwood with fair fishing and sometimes WFO fishing when I figure something out.

Why support those who you think are ripping you off?

I have no idea what he's talking about but it was merely a suggestion. Definitely wasn't ripping on him. I was trying to help him find a less expensive place to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Cat View Post
    tacklejunkie, don't rip a guy for stating his opinion. Best value out there would have stated your opinion just fine. Now my opinion, best value out there does not make it a good value at all.

Take care
    Desert Cat
    i don't think TJ meant it as a rip towards the OP. Just sharing an alternative.

Default Question

[QUOTE=tacklejunkie;372295]Here we go a
    Last edited by Catrack77; 11-19-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Cat View Post
    Maybe I have it all wrong or I misunderstood. So with that said, I am going to ask the question. What the heck is a poppy pass?

Desert Cat
    I think TJ meant a poppy pass for "Poppy Vehicle Day Use Annual Pass."

GOLDEN POPPY VEHICLE DAY USE ANNUAL PASS - $90.00

The "Golden Poppy" Vehicle Day Use Annual Pass is valid for motorcycles or passenger vehicles with a capacity of nine persons or less and is valid at 97 state park units where a vehicle day use fee is collected. The pass must be displayed on the rearview mirror or vehicle dashboard as applicable. See the list of parks that accept the Golden Poppy Pass. To purchase a "Golden Poppy" Vehicle Day Use Annual Pass, please visit us at the California State Parks Store.

Note: The "Golden Poppy" Pass will not be honored at high-demand or locally operated parks or at Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreational areas designated as OHV units. The pass is not valid for camping or other supplemental fees such as for tours, swimming pools, boat facilities, or at parks charging per-person entry fees. Lost or stolen passes cannot be replaced and no refunds can be issued.

Default wash the sand out!

i am on this site almost everyday to see what's going on and it amazes me how ignorant people are on this site. one person complains about the cost of fishing, another makes a suggestion, and someone gets all down his throat when he doesn't even know what he's talking about.

take a minute before you open your mouth and research something you don't know about but are willing to make a judgment about.

maybe it's time to wash the sand out of some of these vaginas and consider different ways things may be interpreted.

OMG!

tackle junkie--it's amazing how you keep your cool with some of these responses/attacks. I got your back man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast