Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Closed mouth's don't get fed

Default Camping irvine

I still cant figure out why i cant fish 1 day camp and leave without having to pay for two days fishing i would go a lot more

Sorry to burst the bubble, I believe even if we pay more for extended hours its not going to happen. Reasons being is that the cost of overhead is going to be to large, even with additional fees. Also the big thing is going to be the insurance on it. Keeping customers on a private lake is really expensive and can be a major insurance risk.

However would be cool though to extend the hours

Default funny post

My customers always ask do you open on saturdays and sundays? I answer them with a grin Do you work on saturdays and sundays? Very quite after that they say okay see you on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by trollmiester View Post
    My customers always ask do you open on saturdays and sundays? I answer them with a grin Do you work on saturdays and sundays? Very quite after that they say okay see you on monday.
    yea chris i hear you i get the same question from my customers, however the vine is already open its not like they are closed and we are asking them to open

Quote Originally Posted by trollmiester View Post

Well as a matter of fact Chris, I do work on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    I still cant figure out why i cant fish 1 day camp and leave without having to pay for two days fishing i would go a lot more
    Yeah that one is a head scratcher for me too and needs to be ammended especially with the way the economy is now imo, considering we are required to wear the color coded stickers for each day of paid fishing this should be easy to resolve.

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 07-28-2009 at 02:05 PM.

I'll raise my hand on this issue. Would love to fish past 4 PM.
    I completely understand that it most likely WILL NOT happen due to the increase in overhead.
    Payroll and insurance are just a few things off the top of my head. Don't forget the increase in fish taken from the lake, meaning more stockings or less fish to catch!

I'd rather see more securtiy hired to enforce the rules, ie: 2 rods per angler, loud music, racing boats, over-limit anglers, etc.

My $.02!! (Of course, this is subject to a 20% tax!!!)

Default Team Fatty is all in on that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They used to have the water ski school after 4:00pm, why not fishing........

I'm on the fence on this one. Yes, it would be nice to be able to fish after 4pm, however, the lake would need to get more staff in to support the extended hours.
    I've seen the hours Jimmy puts in both during trout and catfish season and I can only assume the rest of the staff work the same hours. It's pretty rough working what they do, 5-7 days a week - even during trout season when the fishing hours are shorter there's still a lot of behind the scenes stuff that has to be done.

If they do get more staff in, that means we, the anglers, will end up paying more entry - I for one wouldn't mind, but as soon as that entry fee goes up there's gonna be a lot of bitching.........

Whats the difference on late hours now,and late hours for trout season? Why pay more? What have more patrol ? Im not paying nothing more.Its already to much to pay.Its other yes they can do it,or no.That simple.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast