Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "IN & OUT" at NPH with klocked and son!!!!!

Default "IN & OUT" at NPH with klocked and son!!!!! Video Added

No they were not there to give out free Burgers & Fries!!!

That is what we had to do to avoid a SKUNK!!

I was able to finally get John and Jr. back out for the promised return to the harbor aboard the Spotted Fever.

I had discussed the possibility of getting on the outside to try for some slime sticks at the launch and John was quick to say "Lets Go"

We were on the water by 0630 to partly overcast skies and worked our way down toward the PCH Bridge and the air temps were already 74 and we were applying the sun screen.

Now the Spotted Fever has not been out in NPH for 7 weeks and she told me to make a stop just past the bridge but it did not pan out!

A quick attempt to get some live smelt in the dead looking harbor with no current did not pay off either!

I went to another favorite go to spot and We quickly got JR. on his first Shark ever and fish aboard my boat!
    A small Grey Smoothhound.

It was at this point that Big John reminded me of the Cuda Plan!

So up came the lines and down the harbor we went!

I pulled out a 40 year old rusted hook 3 inch Gold Rapala and put it on one of my rigs and sent it off about 40 yards behind the boat and told Jr. that this was his rig and Big John put out a much newer model and sent it a drift.

After trolling down stream past M St. and doing a lap around the Bait Receiver my confidence was low as I had never Trolled in the Harbor and these were the images from the back of the boat!

Then it happened!
    Jr. goes bendo for the first ever Slime Stick and Troll fish aboard my boat!

And a short time later is on again!

Did I mention the relieving fog layer that took the sweat of a very steamy morning in the upper harbor!
    And Cuda #2

Dad with the assist on the hook removal.

Mac #2 on the troll!

We then went outside toward Corona Del Mar Boilers still on the Troll and the next hookup was a double! Father and Son Battle!
    Dad with a top water Checker and Son with Cuda #3

Jr. kept up his Cuda/Mac/Cuda/Mac/Cuda/Mac string alive!

We then dropped the trolling motor and worked the Kelp just out side of the boilers.
    Junior decided to have a snack and rest while dad sight fished for a few missed hits and this Calico.

We then worked our way back into the harbor still trolling and Jr. picked up Cuda # 4 & 5.

At this point we tried to concentrate on some Spotties and Faltties but it was Slack tide, hot, and not to many fish willing to play!

While in a very tight spot under a cat walk to some dock to some very large vessels Jr. small setup with the Squid takes off screaming drag and he is on to a nice 30+ Smoothhound Shark that he some how kept out off all the obstacles and I could not leave my post so I told Dad to get the net but it was too late and it snapped the 8 lb.
    Dad managed the only Pancake for the day.

And I managed to finally feel a spottiy again after long layoff.

But after the release I noticed he had left me a present!

We called it quits with 3 mean sunburns at this point and returned early to the reality of having to face the freeway traffic!

Thanks for the outing together guys and we will do it again!!!!!

Here is some video!
    http://www.motionbox.com/videos/7a9adbb31115e3c3f5

Steve
    Last edited by flyngby; 07-23-2009 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Add Video!

Steve,

nice job on the slime sticks....................The fog looked like a godsend........

Thanks again for all the help from you and Brad.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT'N View Post
    Steve,

nice job on the slime sticks....................The fog looked like a godsend........

Thanks again for all the help from you and Brad.

Scott
    Thanks Scott!!!!!!!

Can't wait to get out and BLODDY your boat in a few weeks!

Steve

Looks like Klocked Jr. is well on his way to be one mean fishin' machine!

Great job out there guys, and thanks for the post Steve.

great report steve! looks like you guys had a blast. too bad your present wasnt what you wanted. lol

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    Thanks Scott!!!!!!!

Can't wait to get out and BLODDY your boat in a few weeks!

Steve
    Traitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see how it is!

Quote Originally Posted by HESBROS View Post
    Traitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see how it is!
    Now that's FUNNY!

Excellent report Steve, great job as always hosting Klocked & Son tandem. I'm getting the itch to hit your playground again.

We are rescheduling the Surf Event until after Legends III, maybe it will fit into your schedule better then. I'm gonna hit the fresh this weekend.

Steve,

Fishyboy is done with school the 30th, so start planning for the Bloodbath............

Scott

Looks like you all had an awesome day out fishing. Good work!

Nice going out there. Great day on the water. Thanks for sharing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast