Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Law enforcement double standards, Booo

Default Law enforcement double standards, Booo

Rencently got a ticket for driving with cell in hand. I know, shame on me, it's the law, i know i did wrong and i was very polite (no arguement) to the officer as he was polite to me. I normally use a handsfree but the battery died (for real).

Now I see police, chp, sheriffs driving with cell phone to ear and I just want to bring a photo of them to the judge and have my ticket excused. What a bunch of crap, right?

I'm done with my rant, what do you think?

Have you gotten a bogus ticket?

double standard always cops hide behind their badge,its a gang itself not much better the the ones on the street.dont take any pics to show the judge he will ask you how do you plead.not the cop u took the pic of,you will piss him off.swallow your pride and pay for it.get on with life buddy.

I'm so tired of everyone dogging on cops. The only time you hate them is when you get caught breaking the law. Yet when your in trouble, who do you call, your local tackle shop.

Of course there are bad seeds in any bunch, so because of a couple bad apples, the entire bunch is ruined? I have family and friends who are police officers and the kind of ish they have to go through, it's ridiculous.

Imagine at your job, your only giving half of the problem to try and fix, or your boss comes to you and says fix this, but doesn't tell you what is broken. Or you ask for help and noone answers you, Cops have to go through so much bullcrap from the citizens.

FYI, cops are trained professionals talking on cell phone/radio etc. while driving their vehicles. That's what the academy teaches them....Drive and muli-task.....

you are right to a an extent but more bad then good.ive seen it .human nature to protect their own.and i dont call cops.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
    Don't do it

Default cell phone fine

the fine is 20 dollars only in torrance but, the court costs os 112.50 more for a grand total of 132.50

I got the same cell phone ticket, but I didn't even have my cell phone in my hand! I did go to court to fight it, but the cop didn't show so I won. If I were you I'd go to court. Maybe the cop won't show for you either.

Police have the legal right to talk on their cell phones in the line of duty. A lot of people monitor police radio channels so to get something called in secure you use a cell phone. FYI, Truck drivers are also allowed to use their cell phone for directions so as not to stop the traffic flow.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce watson View Post
    Truck drivers are also allowed to use their cell phone for directions so as not to stop the traffic flow.

They as well have to be hands free

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman from long beach View Post
    double standard always cops hide behind their badge,its a gang itself not much better the the ones on the street.dont take any pics to show the judge he will ask you how do you plead.not the cop u took the pic of,you will piss him off.swallow your pride and pay for it.get on with life buddy.
    i dont understand your hatred for the police, and i dont understand your logic that they do more bad than good. i guess if you or one of your loved ones ever got ina bad traffic accident, you wouldnt think to dial 911 since cops are so useless. and heavens, imagine if they were in a bad radio coverage area and had to talk on a cell phone to figure out where you are to save your life. screw it, right? they should just let you bleed out on the highway, right?

i don't know who you are, where you live or what you do, but i find it amazing how some people have a certain disdain for cops. i've had my fair share of authority and law being handed down on me. each time it was deserved and i have nothing but respect and admiration for those who put their lives on the line to help people they dont even know. God, i cant even imagine what road you took that created such a hateful attitude.

all officers take an oath; to lay down his or her life rather than swerve from the path of duty, and too many have done just that. how many of your homies have died protecting random people.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast