Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mammoth Lakes - An ideal retreat

Default info outdated

info outdated
    Last edited by sky; 06-01-2021 at 11:55 PM.

Been there, love it. :wink:

Thanks for the info ... but I think most of us here know this already. If you think that highly of Mammoth, just wait til you find the good spots in the Sierras. You left the important part out of your report, WHAT ABOUT THE FISH MAN !!! WE WANT TO SEE FISH AND HEAR FISHING STORIES !!! You cannot deprive us of such things. Anyway, just foolin' with ya, I see you're relativley new, so, welcome to the board. Hope I left some for One Leg.

When where you up here last. When will you be here next. You mentioned on the ksf site about the bear at Piru. We have a daily visitor at Mamie, saw him again today. Fishing was great. Didn't get on the water til 8:30, had to drop my little girl off at school. Off the water at 11:00. Had to get to work. 24 total all released. It was nice before the wind picked up.

While we all appreciate the post, I have to admit that it does have the aroma of freshly fried Spam wafting about it.

While you are not overtly selling anything, you are stating the obivious in your post; most of us have enjoyed Mammoth for years, and return regularly.

Did you you just cut and paste this article from a travel site? because it sure has that feel to it....

Anyway, nice pictures. I'm getting ready for my annual trip to mammoth with my son, so the photos just stoked the fire !

While we all appreciate the post, I have to admit that it does have the aroma of freshly fried Spam wafting about it.

While you are not overtly selling anything, you are stating the obivious in your post; most of us have enjoyed Mammoth for years, and return regularly.

Did you you just cut and paste this article from a travel site? because it sure has that feel to it....

Anyway, nice pictures. I'm getting ready for my annual trip to mammoth with my son, so the photos just stoked the fire !

Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter

I have to admit that I agree with headhunter on this, although I must also say you have proven yourself to be an outstanding author of great reports, based on your other posts.

If you didn't cut and paste the above report, then your should consider getting a job writing for the Mammoth Times! :wink:

What in the world is a "freshly fried Spam wafting"?

I looked for a section for places to go, and a section to hook up with people but I couldn't find one.

Actually, I wrote the Mammoth Lakes article for the Mammoth lake Visitors Bureau website, for places to paddle in mammoth Lakes, but I don't think they ever used it, and I busted my butt writing it, so I shared it with you. :lol:

I've been going to all of the lakes along I-395 once a year, usually in July for years. I start with Rock Creek lake, and finish up with Twin Lakes, in Bridgeport.

I run into the BIG bears every year at Mammoth Lakes, usually at Lake Mary. (And also the mother bear with two cubs.)

What year or estimate was the last eruption of Mammoth?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast