Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with my project

sashimi: I will be down by Stanton later this week and will for sure talk to him. Thank you

BingJr: I found a few places online that sell the manuals for my year. I was wondering if there was a pdf or down loadable format. Thanks though.

GreordyBass: I looked at the site, but have to wait to join cause of the fee. Dam recession I have to penny pinch every step of the way.

IN2DEEP: I joined their site and asked a few question with no responses yet? Have also browsed around quite a bit and found out some info. Thanks

I now know thanks to you guys that I have a 2 Stroke motor now I have to find out what is the proper fuel/oil mixture. The boat came with a 6 gallon fuel tank/cell so if anyone here knows what the mix ratio is let me know.

Thank you all, this is by far my favorite site.
    Jimmy310

if you just want to start the motor. put motor lower unit on rabbit ears or tank. hookup the fuel line. hook up battery terminals. prime fuel line bulb, pull the choke out. fire it up

im going through the same thing with my boat,i have someone taking care of it ,it needed a new impeller ,and now needs new diaghram ,leeking a lil gas but it getting done by aperson who nows about engines.my boat is a 68 lugar with a johnson electrical seahorse.

I have an seloc mercury outboards 1965-89 repair maunual,that I use all the time with my 85 merc 150 hp it is very informative let me know the model # and I can look up the wiring diagram for you what kind of gauges are on the boat that you want to use?? look around the motor area for a metal tag should have model#

Fullstringer

Default Update

Sac au Lait: Thats exactly what I did and guess what, first crank and we have a running engine.

fflb: I am determined to do it myself. Not to mention work has been really slow and I cant afford the $65 an hour rates.

fullstringer: I will take you up on that offer. It is a 1967 Mercury 650 (serial # 2166###) not sure what specific model either the Merc 650SL or 650EL. I was wondering if you can maybe check out what the difference is so I know which of the two I have.

Once again guys, Thank you, you guys are the best.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5252 copy.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	14068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5249 copy.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	14069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5248 copy.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	14070  

Forgot one more picture of the serial #.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5255 copy.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	14071  

Hey Jimmy, the four on the motor means it's a four cylinder,still looking for the wiring diagram.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy310 View Post
    sashimi: I will be down by Stanton later this week and will for sure talk to him. Thank you

BingJr: I found a few places online that sell the manuals for my year. I was wondering if there was a pdf or down loadable format. Thanks though.

GreordyBass: I looked at the site, but have to wait to join cause of the fee. Dam recession I have to penny pinch every step of the way.

IN2DEEP: I joined their site and asked a few question with no responses yet? Have also browsed around quite a bit and found out some info. Thanks

I now know thanks to you guys that I have a 2 Stroke motor now I have to find out what is the proper fuel/oil mixture. The boat came with a 6 gallon fuel tank/cell so if anyone here knows what the mix ratio is let me know.

Thank you all, this is by far my favorite site.
    Jimmy310
    The fuel to oil ratio for outboards is 50:1. It's 2.56 fluid oz per 1 gallon of fuel. With 6 gallons of fuel, you'd need 15.36 fluid oz.

The Oil Fuel mixute is 50 to 1. They sell the Oil in 16oz bottles which is perfect for 6 gallons of gas. I bottle per tank.

What, 1 16oz. bottle of oil then fill the rest of the tank up with water?
    That the way U do it?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast