Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So I passed up the Curado and the Core..

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    As for the whole Daiwa vs. Shimano fans thing, they both make very good quality reels but each has their own negatives too. It's like getting into a debate on cars. Chevy or Ford, Toyota or Honda, Lamborghini or Ferrari. All good companies, but some prefer one over the other. I personally own reels from each, and like them both.
    Exactly, I owned both before too. It's personal preference...

Now TJ, break that reel in!

So glad that I'm not the only person here with this problem lol.

This is the exact reason why I try not to return things. I always ended adding a few more bucks to buy something better even though the initial purchase was pushing the budget cap.

Nice reel anyhoo.

shoulda looked for a curado 100b on ebay. its the same size as the chrono 50mg, same bearings except its not mag so u can use it in the salt.

Put the braid on last night.

Tested a short piece with several knots. First time I've tried the uni to uni and it was harder than I thought but came out nice and strong. Now I got it down easy.

Ended up putting 3 yards of 12lb Ande mono on as backing because I couldn't get anything else to not slip. Connected with an Uni to Uni and spooled on the braid. Stuff feels cool! Can't wait to go try it out.

I read a lot of stuff about braid last night so hopefully I'm prepared for my first experience with it. looser drag instead of tighter and how to prevent line burying and all that. I can already tell this is pretty nice braid just from feeling it versus the stuff VG left over here on his reel for a long time. I don't think I'm using the right type of rod for the braid but I can always fix that later.

Can't wait to get out and break it in. Will have to go get some scratches on it and get it over with. This one is not going back to the store for sure!
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-22-2009 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Put the braid on last night.

Tested a short piece with several knots. First time I've tried the uni to uni and it was harder than I thought but came out nice and strong. Now I got it down easy.

Ended up putting 3 yards of 12lb Ande mono on as backing because I couldn't get anything else to not slip. Connected with an Uni to Uni and spooled on the braid. Stuff feels cool! Can't wait to go try it out.

I read a lot of stuff about braid last night so hopefully I'm prepared for my first experience with it. looser drag instead of tighter and how to prevent line burying and all that. I can already tell this is pretty nice braid just from feeling it versus the stuff VG left over here on his reel for a long time. I don't think I'm using the right type of rod for the braid but I can always fix that later.

Can't wait to get out and break it in. Will have to go get some scratches on it and get it over with. This one is not going back to the store for sure!
    Sweet. Braid rocks. You are probably gonna lose a few fish at first, due to over-horsing the hook, but once you get used to to the zero stretch you will never look back. Way more sensitive than even flouro. One tip that I learned the hard way is this, you can not slam 'em with your hooksets anymore, the hook will rip clean through. Instead just pull against the pressure and the fish will hook themselves. Good luck with the new spool.

Hey regarding the rod, I like to use rods with more of a mod-fast action so I can still slam the hookset and not worry about pulling hooks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234