Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hook in Forehead

Default Hook in Forehead

So yesterday the family and I are outside enjoying the day. Im barbecuing and my girl is in the pool. Mind you Im having a few drinks, so to say the least Im feeling good. I start to get bored, so I get a rod and reel that I just put together to practice my short casting a bit. On my first cast I toss out and notice that towater lure is headed towards the window. So I quickly put my finger on the spool to prevent any window breakage. Just as i do that I notice my girl coming from under water, and the Rapala towater lands right on her head. No jerking motions have been made and she hasnt turned her head, so I think she fine. Nope, next thing I know she lets out a yelp and screams. The hook buries into her hairline and quickly jars loose. I thought Oh S***! Shes going to whope my A**. But shes as calm as can be and just cleans the wound. So to all you out there who like to drink and fish, dont. Things happen in a split second. Heres a small pic of the wound. She lived and thank God so will I.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HookinHead.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	13968  
    Last edited by fishntime; 07-19-2009 at 04:23 AM.

You are so lucky my friend. Make sure you get her to the Mall fast.

Sounds like you got a keeper ...

Yikes, glad she's OK. Sounds like flowers, or whatever she likes is in order...

Life Lesson #6,568,654; Always practice casting with a dummy lure. Glad she's O.K.. We live and we learn, it is a constant process.

Your damn lucky you didnt get one of her eyes. Pretty stupid to be cast around while kids are at play plus after you been drinking a few. Dumb move

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    Your damn lucky you didnt get one of her eyes. Pretty stupid to be cast around while kids are at play plus after you been drinking a few. Dumb move
    No kids outside A**hole. They were inside playing with matches.

Quote Originally Posted by fishntime View Post
    No kids outside A**hole. They were inside playing with matches.
    If you can't take a few slaps, then you shouldn't have posted and shared.
    Yes, he didn't read the post throughly, but he didn't call you a name. Looks as though he just pointed out that it was a "stupid" move, which i agree.

Sorry it waas a bad on my take
    Last edited by fishntime; 07-18-2009 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishntime View Post
    they were inside playing with matches.
    lmao!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast