Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 1/16 or 1/32 mini jig

Default 1/16 or 1/32 mini jig

What's your preference. I don't have any experience with the mini-jigs. Used plastic worms a lot. Which weight works best? Do you retrieve with the tip bouncing between 10 and 12 like you do a plastic worm? When and if ... do you add a plastic worm (makes it a stinger?) ... and when would you add a meal worm or NC?

Thanks

i use both. try 1/16th first and nothing then use the 1/32nd. its smaller but more than that its slower. i usualy have a lil slack while retreving and will jig and reel very slowly. most bites feel like ur stuck or pulling thru grass but set the hook. other than that is just like fishing a worm. i prefer worms over jigs. seem to get bigger fish with a wacky rigged splitshot worm.

i use both and vary rarely put a plastic worm or real worm on my jigs.i do good drop shoting the little trout power worms but thats the only way i use them.