Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tradition Weekend Report - Good Time Fishing

Default Tradition Weekend Report - Good Time Fishing

With reports of seabass at Catalina, the Tradition took advantage, and ended up with 3 seabass on Thursday, and a whopping 27 seabass on Friday, all decent sized fish. While kicking myself for not being there on Friday, I was eager to hop on the boat on Saturday at my chance at my first seabass. We rolled off the dock with 45 anglers total. We topped off the live squid we had with some sardines, and we were off to Catalina. We made a set, but conditions were all wrong. We ended up with a few bat rays before we moved down the island. Nothing there, so we moved back up and chipped away at a few bass, sheephead, and perch, and we called it a day. Steven tried his very best, but conditions were less than ideal.

Anyways, we headed back out for the twilight trip, where we found a slow pick until the sun went down, where we managed to throw a few nice bass on the boat, mostly decent sized calicos.

The next day, we got out with a lighter load. We went over to Catalina and had a pick on the calicos, mostly shorts. Some also hooked into yellows, but they were lost. At a couple of spots, fish started to pop up, but the sea lions quickly took care of them. At the end of the day, we fished a spot where the barracuda popped up, this time without sea lions. We got a bunch of them before the yellows started to pop up. By the end of the day, we ended up with 4, all around 8 to 9 pounds.

First Yellowtail Landed

My Yellowtail

Jason Lopez with a Nice Yellowtail

Group Picture

Today, Steven decided to head on down the line to try for some barracuda and sand bass, which have been biting very well. We ended up getting around 50 gar, as well as some really big sole, and a few bass. At the end of the day, we ended up in the kelp where we pulled out a few nicer sized bass.

Nice Barracuda

Great times, great fishing!!

Damn..those shirtless shots of Jaylo got me all tingly...and another question Jimmy....how the hell you stay so white, you are on the water EVERYDAY!!! lol

great report kid.....i was going to try and come out Sunday..couldnt make it....

Liteliner is never fishing Redondo again, I got the text saying "I aint never fishing Redondo again..they charge $20 for parking!" I guess they guys in the office didnt tell him to take a Validation.....

GD

So i was fishing with the JJ.... Wasnt sure it was you til your buddy told me so but it was the end of the day already. You did good on those cali's on the last stop. Props to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    So i was fishing with the JJ.... Wasnt sure it was you til your buddy told me so but it was the end of the day already. You did good on those cali's on the last stop. Props to you.

get off his n*** he aint giving you no passes....

GD

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Damn..those shirtless shots of Jaylo got me all tingly...and another question Jimmy....how the hell you stay so white, you are on the water EVERYDAY!!! lol

great report kid.....i was going to try and come out Sunday..couldnt make it....

Liteliner is never fishing Redondo again, I got the text saying "I aint never fishing Redondo again..they charge $20 for parking!" I guess they guys in the office didnt tell him to take a Validation.....

GD
    Seriously 20 bucks for parking. Gawd damn.

Way to go Jimmy! Good luck on your first seabass. I'm still lookin for mine too.

great multi report! nice yellow too. thanks

way to go Jimmy

Awesome job guys.
    Dang Ricky-Jaylo has been eating too many jelly donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by cappo View Post
    Awesome job guys.
    Dang Ricky-Jaylo has been eating too many jelly donuts.
    mean, mean man.....

GD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast