Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lake Snakes

HE RATTELED HOLMES!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ARE WE IN L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by the spinning reel bandit
    HE RATTELED HOLMES!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ARE WE IN L.A.
    Hey, what can i say, The East LA peeps have rubbed off their lingo on me.

Red Diamond Rattlesnake. (not diamondback, just diamond)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crotalus_ruber

It is similar to the western diamondback, but has an auburn hue to its pattern. Also much smaller.

There is no mojave green rattlesnake. Maybe according to local slang, but not recognized by science.

The name most commonly used is Western Diamondback Rattlesnake.

One_Leg

GLOOMISBOY,

The rattler at DVL is a RED DIAMOND RATTLESNAKE. These are common throughout the San Bernardino/Riverside/Coachella Valley area. Probably one of the more pretty rattlers around! Very nervous, shy, always in a hurry to get away. No Mohave Greens around that area. They are a high desert species.

Russell,

The rattler you are talking about is a Southern Pacific. That is the ONLY type of rattlesnake on this side of the San Gabriel mountain range. It is our coastal mountains local rattlesanke. If you drive through the San Gabriels into the high desert, you will then find Mohave greens, Sidewinders, Speckled Rattlers and Red Diamond Rattlers. You have to go far East, around the Colorado River before you hit Western Diamondback country. They are generally small in size.

Default My addition to the snake photos

I catch 'em often at the lagoon...come on people...no photos holding 'em ????? not bad with a little orange sauce either
    ...the other other other white meat !!!!

CA. King snakes are very cool. My friend and I caught on in a feild by our house 30 years ago. A large Apartment complex was built on the property soon after catching the snake. My friend kept the snake as a pet for many years. It is in the constricter family of snakes. He gave it away years later to a friend that had a bigger cage for it. That was a cool snake. To bad every scrap of land in O.C. has to be developed. Use to be a cool place growing up as a kid. Orange groves, Avacado groves, Strawberry feilds, and open feilds for us kids to play.

Sorry for getting off topic.

Tm65

The californa King snake's main diet is the rattle snake even thou i like rattle snakes better leave them where you found them ,snakes rule .

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww ... I HATE SNAKES!!!

DarkShadow, Ambassadorhawg
    Nice to get info from " REAL SNAKE " boys, to many people just don't get it, all they need to do is look and leave them alone. Most just kill them, when all they need to do is move them off the road or enjoy the moment. I collected for years and hate when people just kill to kill :x :x :x

Not trying to slam anyone so play nice.

Peace

" Killerman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast