Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lake Snakes

Quote Originally Posted by killerman
    That my friend is not a "Mohave Green"........&#46 ;....
    Still a nice rattler........&#4 6;. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    what kind of rattler is it then.........& #46;.the so call high desert expert i was with said it was a mohave green.....as he ran like a little girl....lol.lol.lol.&# 46;.

its a diamond back.

Yeah, It looks like a small Diamand Back Rattler.

Tm65

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65
    Yeah, It looks like a small Diamand Back Rattler.

Tm65
    it wasnt that small...i just wasnt going get to close to it to take a pic...still cool to see...

It very well could have been a mojave green, just a little difficult to tell from that photo. Not that I blame you for not getting any closer to find out. In fact, that was a very intelligent decision.

if he was a decent size id catch him skin him and eat him hahaha.mmm rattle snake good..

The Mojave rattlesnake can easily be mistaken for the Western Diamondback rattlesnake (Crotalus atrox), which inhabits an overlapping range. They both have well-defined light-edged diamonds down the middle of their backs. The diamond pattern fades towards the last third of the Mojave Rattlesnake, whereas the diamonds continue to the tail in the Western Diamondback. The tail of the Mojave has contrasting light and dark rings. The white rings are much wider than the black rings, while the Diamondbacks have thick black rings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fCzOnNbtRQ

Same snake, you make your own mind on whether it's a Mojave or a Western Diamondback

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow
    The Mojave rattlesnake can easily be mistaken for the Western Diamondback rattlesnake (Crotalus atrox), which inhabits an overlapping range. They both have well-defined light-edged diamonds down the middle of their backs. The diamond pattern fades towards the last third of the Mojave Rattlesnake, whereas the diamonds continue to the tail in the Western Diamondback. The tail of the Mojave has contrasting light and dark rings. The white rings are much wider than the black rings, while the Diamondbacks have thick black rings.

Same snake, you make your own mind on whether it's a Mojave or a Western Diamondback
    It's usually pretty hard for me to make that differentiation while I'm running away screaming like a girl. I leave the determination for the "experts"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sansou
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow

It's usually pretty hard for me to make that differentiation while I'm running away screaming like a girl. I leave the determination for the "experts"!
    I have heard him scream! He's not kidding.
    Once I watched him catch a 17+ pound Pond trout and he nearly broke my eardrums........&# 46;Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

One_Leg

What Dark Shadow said. What Sansou said too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast