Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think I can finally use the word.....EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Just for clarification, I wasn't talking about the brookies.

The Goldens may be plentiful in the Sierras, but not many other areas.

Whatever floats your boat!

Try Millies in Simi Valley for the smokehouse skillet..
    Don't forget the side of biscuits and gravy.
    I understand and I dont want to argue with you TJ as you have gained my respect long ago on this board. But we must not forget why these fish were placed in these lakes in the first place. To eat. Technically there shouldnt even be trout in the vast majority of these high sierra lakes. But they are there. We could have taken 20 Goldens out of this lake and been well within our rights. Not to mention this perticular body of water could have easily handled it. But we only took the two that did not survive. And I am dead serious when I say that they were *by far* the best tasting (pan fried) trout I have ever had. I look forward to eating more of them in the future. We should do a sierra trip together and ill cook some bleeders up for you.

And thanks for the breakfast tip. But I dont do resturaunts.

You mean to tell me I actually gained someone's respect on this site at one point?

Man I better keep workin' on keepin' my mouth shut then

Anyways, like I said, nice feesh. No harm meant.. injured fish happen when you are catching so many.

Very nice guys!! I love the reports you post man, backcountry 4X4 and backpacking. If I can't go myself, I love seein others do it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
    Technically there shouldnt even be trout in the vast majority of these high sierra lakes. But they are there. We could have taken 20 Goldens out of this lake and been well within our rights. Not to mention this perticular body of water could have easily handled it.
    Not only all that, but the number of people who actually make it up to these places in a given year is miniscule compared to easier access areas. If everyone took limits every time they went it would be a different story, but I think the majority of people who go to these places aren't your average keep a limit trouters vacationing in the Sierras. Eating a fish or a few on a trip like this is part of the experience.

Again, thanks for the story.

Nice report, I'm still waiting for my first golden hopefully I will get one this weekend.

FISH ON!!!

sorry i didnt read that the goldens were hooked deep. thats completely understandable. as for the brookies i was always taught to release almost everything except for stocked rainbows. just the way my father taught me. if i offended you, my apologies.

bass assassin#23

Quote Originally Posted by bass assassin#23 View Post
    sorry i didnt read that the goldens were hooked deep. thats completely understandable. as for the brookies i was always taught to release almost everything except for stocked rainbows. just the way my father taught me. if i offended you, my apologies.

bass assassin#23
    Its all good man!

BTW my fuel injector ghetto fix failed this morning. It lasted about 800 miles though!! lol I just got done re-fixing it correctly.

Epic trip for sure !!! great pics, awesome goldens, cutts, and brooks !!!! thanks for the report !

Awesome trip. I can only dream of doing something like that.

Crawler

fantastic pictures... where do you pick up the road you went up on ?

Default Oh yeah that's epic

I love to 4x4 and hike. I need to find out how to get up there. I think I actually know where that road is. My friend in Bishop rides his dirt bike up there.
    EPIC is the word. The photography was great. Those are some of the most beautiful Goldens I have ever seen. They get bright, but those were over the top!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast