Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think I can finally use the word.....EPIC!

I think the real question on everyone's minds is not where you caught those nice fish, but what the heck is in that new breakfast invention of yours ... yummy!

whats up with keeping those goldens and brooks man! just hurts to see those fish on a plate.

Quote Originally Posted by bass assassin#23 View Post
    whats up with keeping those goldens and brooks man! just hurts to see those fish on a plate.
    Go read up on the brook trout in the eastern seirras and then get back to me. You are un-aware, I assume, of the special regulations allowing you to keep 10 extra brook trout under 8" per day in addition to your daily 5 mixed species bag limit (10 brooks under 10" north if I-80!!!). Because there are so-fawking-many of them up there. We should all eat more brook trout. The fisheries would be better if we did.

And we eat two friggin goldens (which are actually more abundant then any other species except for brook trout in the high seirra, BTW) that were damaged in the fight. The larger one is a whopping 9.5". Feel free to cry me a river.

Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    I think the real question on everyone's minds is not where you caught those nice fish, but what the heck is in that new breakfast invention of yours ... yummy!
    Start with one can of new potatoes, half an onion diced. Get those going for a while in the cast iron. (HAS to be cast iron) Add four eggs scrambled up. Add 6 Jimmy dean breakfast sausages (the round ones) and 1.5 peices of bacon. You will need to precook the bacon and sausage prior to mixing in with the potatoes and onions and eggs. Let them cook untill the eggs are all done and everything is glued together with them. Serve. Enjoy.

Oh, this serves two hungry campers. Three if you are all girly men.

You made a "smokehouse skillet".
    Good eats.
    Too bad about the bleeders.
    Nice fishes.

dude FIPG is for oil pans not fuel injectors lol. great pictures too.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    dude FIPG is for oil pans not fuel injectors lol. great pictures too.
    Its all I had.

Did I mention I want to be McGuyver when I grow up??

Oh, and just for clarification. None of the brook trout were bleeders. They were all lip hookers taken from a stream that was not more then 18" wide. They were all still kicking after they were cleaned. One was even kicking when he hit the pan.

Just for clarification, I wasn't talking about the brookies.

The Goldens may be plentiful in the Sierras, but not many other areas.

Whatever floats your boat!

Try Millies in Simi Valley for the smokehouse skillet..
    Don't forget the side of biscuits and gravy.

nice, i've been up there..

and you can make it in a 4x2... i did it in a tacoma prerunner.

you really need the ground clearance, there are some spots that you can bottom out, and you have to take those rocks slooooow.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast