Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parchers Poachin Pirates!!! Lotsa pics!!!!

Default Parchers Poachin Pirates!!! Lotsa pics!!!!

ALL FISH ON THIS POST CPR’d!!!!!!
    This reports dedicated to my long lost poachin’ partner Beercuda!!!! I broke out the plastics in your lurkin memory!!! LOL!!!
    We took off work early at noon on Friday. It was Harvey, Me and Harv’s buddy Steve.
    Steve wanted to go in comfort, so we rode along in his nice Excursion!

This guy brought more trout fishing gear than 1 man should own! LOL!

We hit up Lone Pine first for some decent trout action.

Mt. Whitney in far center background

Mt. Whitney up close

Some fish caught on eggs, some on spinners, and a few, like this brown, came on a nymph fished from my spinning rod.

Mo Bows

I bought a magnetic net holder for the back of my fly vest and, man, did it come in handy! I had the net ready to play at a moments notice.
    Note- I heard a scuffle on a boulder behind me while fishing. A HUGE fence lizard bolts for his life, and then I see a snake! I only saw a lil bit of it as it curled back down below the boulder, but it was big enough to be three or four feet long, and I think it was a water snake. Neat stuff.

In Lone Pine, we made the Lone Pine Café our dinner place. The food was good.
    We arrived at Parchers around 11 pm.

Imagine waking up to THESE beauties in the am!!
    Harvey

Steve

In the am, I cooked sauteed shrooms, cheese, scrambled eggs, and bacon. MMMmmmmm!
    We then headed out to get our boat. How I was surprised when I saw that the lake
    Was full to capacity!! The water was gorgeous, and the weather was even better than that! We hit the water by 8am.

When we got to the spot, the forest prevented us from getting off the boat, and so did the throngs of skeeters!!!! The water was clear and a beautiful blue with at least 10’ of visibility.
    We weren’t having too much luck, so we kept moving from inlet to inlet with mediocre luck with each new move.
    These pics are dedicated to Beerboy-I got em on the plastics!!!!!!!Argghhhhh

We got em on spinners….

Steve nailed this nice one on a spinner I believe.

**About 3:00, the boys from Parchers show up. They start fishing right next to us and they immediately start SLYING! I MEAN SLAYING!!!! I was like, What the heck u using???? ….Mini jigs….

So I tied one on and began hooking up instantly-Man do they have it dialed in!!!

After they left, we promptly took over their spot and realized that they were sitting on the mother lode! We saw some trout rising in the fast currents along the bank, so Harv & I broke out the fly rods. Any good cast resulted in a fish! It was fun as heck!

Then Harvey got the hotstick! He was slaying!!!

We used a mosquito pattern and they ate it like Candy. At one point, I got bit and I could tell. THIS was no ordinary trout!! This thing fought like a champ, and I didn’t dare bring him to the boat green. This was my first ever Alpers!

We called it a day at 15 till 7pm. A GREAT DAY!!!!

Tight lines All!

GM<><

SWEET!

Xlnt report and photos! Beautiful Alpers!
    Thanks Greg!

PS...... everytime I see that custom net...... I want one!
    Feel free to PM me with a price!

Dana

Great report Greg! Glad you guys had a good time

Yarrrr matey..... Those who believe in my ways may pillage almighty.... Makes me proud you are believing in the plastics... Sorry i couldn"t make this trip... We are overdue definitely.. Lets pull the trigger soon.... Awesome trip man...

Very nicely done. Great report!! Thanks for the pics.
    I can almost smell the Goldens when I will greet them next week...

Great post. Fun times getting a hot bite like that on the fly rod...

Default southlake

great report greg,,,,,,,

Great report and pictures! Always fun to be in on a slay fest in the sierras.

Greg, nice report man....great looking fish ! lovin that spot where the creek lets into the lake. good times in the sierras !

Greg, thanks for the report, looks like a great trip. One question though, how do you like to cook your brown trout, fried or broiled?????????????????? Maybe BBQ? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast