Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Shogun Tournament - Late Report

Default Shogun Tournament - Late Report

This past weekend was the 27th Annual Shogun Tournament on Crowley Lake. 384 anglers were registered. Fishing was especially tough this year. My 1 pound 9 ounce did not place (I was #120 and prizes ran to around #85 places). I caught this one on an inflated crawler at the West Shores in McGee Bay when I fished on Friday. The first place fish was a 5 pound 9 ounce brown on a crawler. The largest kid division fish was 3 lb 6 oz. Dinner was delicious (as usual) with larger slabs of fresh sashimi!

Saturday morning, I hit Little Virginia on my float tube. Wacked them with a carolina rigged red power worm. Had over a 30 fish morning but nothing of size. Even had a brown plus 4 brooks in the shallows. The fly fishermen were struggling...

Saturday evening, tubed Lake Mary by the Lake Mary Marina. Nothing in the stumps but got a 3 pound Alper in the hole between the two docks, again, on a carolina rigged red power worm.
    Last edited by greg; 07-24-2009 at 08:15 AM.

You still placed in the top 1/2! Good job!

I spoke to a friend of mine who fished the tourney as well and he echoed your report pretty much.... tough fishing, but alot of fun!

Thanks again for the report, hope to see ya at Legends III!
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=32559

Dana

did you sashimi the trout? hows that work out for you if you did

The Japanese say "never eat a fresh water fish raw - too many parasites!"

Nice report Greg, see you at Legends III.