I had this thing all typed out and lost it. So you guys get the shorter version.

We left town monday night at around 7PM only to find a leaking fuel injector about 100 miles into the drive. We stopped at Kramer junction and I noticed the cause of the fuel smell we had been smelling for the last 75 miles. That damn #2 injector. Like a dumba$$ I reached down and agitated the thing, cuasing it to leak worse. We hit the road again not wanting to turn back. About 20 miles out of Kramers I noticed the fuel guage was sinking fast. Pulled off the road and it was now squirting like a brand new super soaker. Not wanting to turn back I took the top of the intake off to access the injectors, and found a bad O-ring on the #2 injector. All I had to try and fix this was some FIPG (form in place gasket). I fipged the area around the bad O-ring, put it all back together, and waited a while for the FIPG to setup. After the FIPG had a little over an hour to setup, we cranked her over. Only to find that the injector was still leaking. But not as bad. At this point we called AAA for a tow back home. Next thing I know im being woken up by the tow truck driver informing me that my 100 mile tow is up. We had him drop us in a parking lot about 8 miles from home. We get the truck on the ground, start it up, and WTF it aint leaking!!! We drive home and its still not leaking!! We get some sleep and try it in the moring.... still not leaking!!! Deciding we had to have my truck on this trip, as its a 4x4, we picked up some injector seal kits and hit the road hoping for the best and prepared for the worst! Well maybe not the worst, but we were prepared for the injector to start leaking again! But it didnt!! It lasted the whole week including over 120 miles that we clocked in the dirt!!! Above 10,000' and peaking out at around 11,400, mostly with nobody else within 20 miles of us! It was an awesome trip to say the least. Now onto the fishing.

We hit three lakes this week. Two of which you had to hike into, of which one of the hike-to lakes had no trail to, and one that we drove, but the road is rough so alot of people walk to this one as well. We made three hikes that we estimated to be around 15 miles total. All above 10,000'. I caught aprox 63 fish in two and a half days of fishing, that consisted of 16 goldens, one cutthroat (my first one!!!) and the rest brooks. My friend Steve ended with around 35. 6-7 goldens and the rest brooks. I didnt get a picture, but the lake with cuttys had a whopper of a hook jaw fish cruising the shoreline. He looked like a frikkin salmon. He wasnt scared by us and he would have nothing to do with our offerings. He looked to be in the 22-24" range. So here are some of the way-to-many pics I took up there. Im sure with a little investigation you can figure out exactly where we were. Enjoy.

On the side of the 395 monday night!! Good times!

Oh yeah! The only other person in this area the first couple of days was none other then Tony Huegel!!! He is the guy that put out the "Sierra Byways" book. You can also find the info on this killer area from his book. It was awesome running into him and his wife Lynn. We hung out with them for about an hour and fed them some Tecates.

Saw 12 of these guys this trip.

The one and only Cutty on this trip. Also my first.

On of the lakes we did not fish.

Another deer.

Some cool alien cloud formations.

First golden of the trip!!! My PB!!

One that would later be eaten.

Another one.

One for Steve.

Another for me.

These were seriously some of the best fish i have ever eaten.

Our camp.

Another one of these.

Dinner one night.

Our new breakfast invention!!

More gold for Steve.

More gold for me.