Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: ...spanked at Skinner.

Default ...spanked at Skinner.

My 6 year old and i went out this morning and rented a boat. ...striper and LM werent hitting, no blue gill around, ...evidently the cat was stocked last thursday, but didnt like what we were offering.

....one thing, the lake was FULL of shad and minnows. Im guessing that there wasnt a bite because the baitfish were abundant...

.....any thoughts on that?

6/12 by the way, ....sorry.

Sorry to hear that, it's all about spending time with the little one. What bait were you using? Where were you fishing at? We were at skinner Friday and Saturday and were killing the stripers and catfish all day on both day. Going to post my catches later today.

Bluegill....

..happy to hear someone did well. ...tried mini-jigs for the bluegill in a few of the coves that weve done well at before. ..tried a few different jigs in the same coves looking for lmb's. ...fished chicken liver out beyond #2 for the cat's. ....Went to the inlet for an hour or so and tried the swimbait's w/ no luck.

....I had never seen that many shad and minnows around before though. ...everywhere i went there were huge schools of baitfish.