Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ouch my finger (graphic images)

That's the first thing I thought of after realizing I did not actually remove the whole finger. Wingnuts' halibut bite! Must have hurt like crazy man.

I'll count my blessings this time and try to be even more careful. Those things will get ya when you least expect it, like a big fish.

I might luck out this time thanks to the butterfly bandage. The bleeding is starting to clot up finally. Scared me pretty good when I saw blood squirt like on the adams family movie when pugsly and wednseday do the sword fight.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-09-2009 at 07:56 PM.

dang dude that looks like it hurts! what you do try and catch you heli lol... hope it heals up dude!

If I were you I would of gone to the Dr.'s and had it stiched up. Hope you heal fast.

Here it is after sleeping it off.
    You can see where I put the butterfly bandaid in the middle the wound was pinched together and already healed closed some from the "stitch" and neosporin! That stuff always works miracles.

It's still oozing a bit, but seems under control now. One more day of butterflies and neo, a week or so of keeping it clean, and I'll be good as new.
    You guys can see one of the other scars on that finger right behind the cut. I have another 2" scar on the same finger with stitch marks from a carnival ride passenger bar closing on my finger in ventura county fair when I was 10 or so. I don't know why my mom didn't sue the crap out of them and get rich. This finger is doomed for sure. I always hurt this one!

Dang bro, hope you didn't break one of those cool heli's. Glad to see it's still attached to your hand. Be safe brodawg!!

chicks dig scars whoa!

Pfffft, and I thought I had some competition reading that headline

Haha,
    Well I didn't want to not warn you guys cause then you'd be complaining I didn't warn you that you were about to see blood. I'll admit, the title sounds heavy. It's actually a little worse than it looks but oh well. Maybe I'm a big baby

Quote Originally Posted by tall tales View Post
    super glue or if you got it derma bond. youll be hookin fish and back flyin before you know it.
    The super glue does work, I have done it and had doctors do it to me (I seem to get deep cuts more than most people). The last cut I got was when a titanium blade slipped out of my hand on a wire wheel and cut where the middle finger joins the palm. The safety engineer (yeah, we have a safety engineer, and she's cute too) took me to the clinic and they super glued it! They said it was in a bad place for stitches and the super glue would work fine as long as I didn't flex it too much. It healed great!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Pfffft, and I thought I had some competition reading that headline
    That is the first thing that I thought!

Now all I see is Sue standing over TJ sating, "Be a Man!" Like Brando's character did to Johnny Fontaine in the Godfather!

Seriously though! That looks like a great deal of pain! Heal Quick Bro!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast