Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: photo wrap punker

Default photo wrap punker

got bored today so i wrapped 2 punkers for my buddy
    bass and bluegill

damn.. those loook SICK!!! how did you do that ds-man?

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    damn.. those loook SICK!!! how did you do that ds-man?
    took a high res pic of a bass and did some editing so it would fit the lure then printed on sticker paper, then applied my secret clear coat
    its actually pretty simple

Can i get a photo of the seam?

I have a 6" punker that i'm half way through the repairs with it. I was originally planning to foil it, but maybe I should go the photo route! Going to order some Dick Nites to clear it. The D2T stuff seems too stiff for a lure this size. Kind of put it on the back burner for a few weeks. Reminds me that I should get back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by That Dang Guy View Post
    Can i get a photo of the seam?

I have a 6" punker that i'm half way through the repairs with it. I was originally planning to foil it, but maybe I should go the photo route! Going to order some Dick Nites to clear it. The D2T stuff seems too stiff for a lure this size. Kind of put it on the back burner for a few weeks. Reminds me that I should get back to that.
    will take more pics once its done drying

what i did for the seam was once the first clear coat was dry i wet sanded it down to smooth it out then airbrushed over and then another clear coat
    Last edited by DropShotMan; 07-10-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Great job!! WHat type of prep did you do to the lures?? Wood or injected version???

Quote Originally Posted by spooky007 View Post
    Great job!! WHat type of prep did you do to the lures?? Wood or injected version???
    thanks i used the wood ones just a quick sand primer sand wash dry apply pic then clear coat

little messed up around the head curve, a little more practice and they should look perfect

well they are ready to go, time to catch some fish pics of big fish will come soon haha

They look pretty good. I'm guessing you brush your clear on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast