Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: dvl shore on fourth of july

Default dvl shore on fourth of july

got to the lake around 630am started making my way towards the east dam throwing a spook along with my punker. seen a few boils here and there. got a nice five to six pounder to follow the punker but never commited to it.after about an hour and a half with no luck with the topwater i decide to tie on a ika. what do you know third cast about half way down the island i land a nice 2 pounder nothin bigg but fun. walked down the island about another 40 to 50 yards and hook up again this time the fish is about a solid 3 1/2. after that i head down the island about 75 yards and hook up again with a nice 3 pounder. once i got towards the end of the island i see a huge wolf pack of largies ballin up a couple hundred shad. tyred to snag some shad but couldnt get the job done dam. so i messed with those fish for a while i threw flukes, cranks, jerks,etc, but just ended up wasting a bunch of time. so once i got away from those fish threw the ika back out and bam anothe nice 2 1/2 pounder. after that started making my way back towards marina with a big 7 inch senko trying to get a bigger fish. stopped and threw a real long cast out on this shallow flat and on the sink i get wacked hard. i set the hook like a champ started to crank him in feels big at least a solid five was fightin the fish for a good two minutes when i get wrapped up in a dam tree. it was over after that he got unbuttoned while i was trying to get him loose for a couple minutes. well i was pissed off then i look over to my left about 400 yards away were i was on point early the smorining and the dam largies are poppin off on the top water so i ty my spook on quick as possible and take off runnin. i had got there when it had just ended, damet i was really frustrated then. so i threw few cast for a while then decided to head on to the marina and get somethin to drink and take off. that was it for the day.

Sounds like you did pretty well!
    Were the shad up in the coves? Close to shore?

Great report! Thanks!
    Good to hear fish are still going off.
    Last edited by Indo-angler; 07-04-2009 at 05:11 PM.

the shad where literally every where. but they were not in big groups the biggest i saw was probley 150 or so.

Too hot for me to go out there

Glad to see you caught some fish

Good job on the bass, thanks for the report. If you don't mind my asking, how did you rig your IKA?

Thanks.