Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mondo 21 Took Louisiana By STORM!!! w/pics

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Hey Cindy. I have tried about 5 times now to down load your report and It just is not happening on my puter. I will have to go to a friends house that has faster service so I can see the report & pics. Congrats on that big CATFISH and thanks for sharing.
    Hi Patrick,

I was wondering why you had not reply to my thread,you usually do.
    Armando said he seen you and you said hi to me. Miss you,but I just haven't had any desire to drive out there. Maybe I'll get out of my slump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo21 View Post
    Hi Patrick,

I was wondering why you had not reply to my thread,you usually do.
    Armando said he seen you and you said hi to me. Miss you,but I just haven't had any desire to drive out there. Maybe I'll get out of my slump.

Cindy, I hope you doing alright . Where you live there are plenty of places to fish that are close by so you don't have that long drive to contend with. Just get out and fish. I miss you too. Maybe I will get up that a way and fish up there again. Hang in there Cindy.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Cindy, I hope you doing alright . Where you live there are plenty of places to fish that are close by so you don't have that long drive to contend with. Just get out and fish. I miss you too. Maybe I will get up that a way and fish up there again. Hang in there Cindy.

Patrick
    Doing great! Let me know when you come my way, if I'm not working, I'll meet you out here. Thanks for the reply.

Magnificent report. Looking at that menu made me hungry. I love the south and make way there at least once or twice a year. On one of my driving trips back to Georgia I want to stop in Loisiana and try some of the fishing one day salt and fresh. That was a nice cat. lighter than the ones we get out this way and a beauty. I even like eating at captain d's'when I am in the south. Nice going.

B
    Last edited by bluehunter; 07-09-2009 at 09:37 AM.

thanks for sharing the pics. Brings back many a fond memory. That kinda looks like the Delcambre canal. We used to buy black drum for .05$/lb for courtboullion there. My bro had his med practice in Lafayette and moonlighted in the ER in New Iberia during his residency. When i'm down there I stock up on the boudin in Abbeville. where you fishing out of Cypremort or Intracoastal City?
    Last edited by Sac au Lait; 07-09-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sac au Lait View Post
    thanks for sharing the pics. Brings back many a fond memory. That kinda looks like the Delcambre canal. We used to buy black drum for .05$/lb for courtboullion there. My bro had his med practice in Lafayette and moonlighted in the ER in New Iberia during his residency. When i'm down there I stock up on the boudin in Abbeville. where you fishing out of Cypremort or Intracoastal City?
    We were in Bayou Patou behind Weeks Island Salt Mine. I went to Abbeville for some Blood Boudin and Hog Cracklin. I buy the white Boudin in New Iberia. I bought 50 lbs. of Boudin to take home and a few packs of Hog head cheese and Chicken Sausage. My Auntee cook some of that sausage,very tasty. About 10 canisters of seasonings, 15 tees,that said "Louisiana" on front,oh yeah, I bought this 1 quart bag of dried shrimp, 3 unusal bobbers,2 for me and 1 for my son Hitts0n. The big cat I caught,along with fresh shrimp and crabs. I forgot to buy crawfish tails,they come frozen w/the fat. I got a few other things.
    I didn't want to come back home.
    I get picked up in Lafayette at the airport. When I retire you will find me in New Iberia at some bayou or lake somewhere. I love,love to fish!
    Last edited by Mondo21; 07-10-2009 at 09:33 AM.

Last time I was there 2 years ago Lake fausse pointe was on fire for sac au lait and the bream was going nuts down in stephensville. I mainly target the specks, flounder and reds in vermillion bay when I go these days. My brother used to love that head cheese along with his plate lunches and po boys. I still have family that lives between Lafayette and Broussard. I was thinking of retiring down there too. Except for the heat, humidity, Jindal, mosquitoes and horse flys. Eddie Delahousayye's uncle came out here and I took him and his wife to lunch.

Last time I was there 2 years ago Lake fausse pointe was on fire for sac au lait and the bream was going nuts down in stephensville. I mainly target the specks, flounder and reds in vermillion bay when I go these days. My brother used to love that head cheese along with his plate lunches and po boys. I still have family that lives between Lafayette and Broussard. I was thinking of retiring down there too. Except for the heat, humidity, Jindal, mosquitoes and horse flys. Eddie Delahousayye's uncle came out here and I took him and his wife to lunch.
    I wish I was there now fishing. I spoke to my Auntee yesterday, and today with the cousin that took me fishing in my Thread. Can't wait until next year to get back there.

The meat market where I buy my boudin is called The Legnon's Boucherie, in New Iberia. The people there simply call it "The Boucherie". I'm steaming a a couple of links now.

I love this report!

Nicely done! It's a part of the country I've never experienced, but after reading your report, I wanna go!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast