Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Artest to the Lakers?

Default Ron Artest to the Lakers?

CBS and the LA Times are reporting they are close to a deal?

Love being a Laker fan....they truely embody the concept of "Commitment to Excellence"

TD

Let's just hope he takes his meds before games.

Aside from being crazy, I think he provides that 'enforcer' type down low that the Laker team could use.

who will they let go, bynum or ariza?

Quote Originally Posted by cappo View Post
    who will they let go, bynum or ariza?
    Ariza is talking to Houston about a 5year deal.....

Good move, I must say! Laker's ante up for sure and make a power move to counter what's happening around the league.

I hate to see Ariza go but if he's in it for the money then you can't blame the guy. However, If he was smart....he'd take a 1 or 2 contract with the Laker's for the 5 or so mil. Puts up some good numbers, gain as much knowledge as he can from the Zen master, possibly gain another title, and ulitmately become a better player. Then get a bigger contract then what he's asking for now.

The bigger picture!

Default Trevor ariza

Mite just make a la gm gm of the year wait and see

Default the lake show, keeps gettin better...NOT

yea its official, the lakers heve traded Ariza for Artest. Cannot believe it can you? nor can I as this just does not make cent$. The fact is both these players are going to make the same amount of $$$ per year, its just that the rockets gave 2 more years than the lakers were willing 2 commit. how @#$%&)( dumb is that, for artest? This non-team player has-been? WOW talk about dumb moves, next thing u know there gonna trade Odom for Bryan Grant...Ouch that one hurt... time for a new GM...
    Last edited by JoeCali; 07-03-2009 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    Mite just make a la gm gm of the year wait and see
    seriously doubt thats gonna happen, ever since jerry west left the lakers, they have not made any major moves for good players. and thats unless Kobe threaten to go elsewhere( pau gasol). mitch kupchek did a major disservice to the laker organization with this bs trade and YOU WILL SEE the results come game time...this just sucks.

I really liked Ariza and dont like to see him go BUT losing him for Artest has made the Lakers much stronger.

Ariza was just starting to come out , where Artest is a proven star. Does anyone remember the Houston series? Yao went down the first game and the series was suppose to be a cake walk. Didnt that series go 7 games and led by who for the Rockets? Yup Artest. The fact is Artest was way more dominant than Ariza in that series and the rest of the year as well. Ariza averaged 8.9 PPG , 4.3 Rebounds , 1.8 assists compared to Artest at 17.1 PPG , 5.2 Rebounds , 3.3 assists. Plus Artest plays strong defense so we dont lose anything there.

Artest was a head case but he is also more mature now and remember Rodman? PJ did a pretty good job at handling him. Plus Artest is hungry for a ring and happy to be in LA so hopefully he will bring some positive fire with him.

Also apparently the sport bookies don't think it was such a bad move by Kupchak. When it was official Shaq was going to the Cavs that went head as the favorites to win the 2010 championship, now that Artest is with the Lakers the odds are even for both teams.

I think it's a bad move. Artest can have some great games, but he tends to be a ballhog and doesn't play a team game. Odom and Artest are childhood friends, so maybe that will help with chemistry. I still would like Ariza to come back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast