Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 14' Valco Aluminum Boat w/ 15hp 4 Stroke Honda

Default 14' Valco Aluminum Boat w/ 15hp 4 Stroke Honda

Tricked out 14' Aluminum Valco Bassboat for Sale

It is ready to fish, easy to tow, launch and great on a limited budget. The motor eats up very little gas and I get an easy 6-10 trips per 6 gallon tank. I bought the boat in August or September of 2007 and spent the next two months working day and night on the upgrades. Here is a list of the work and components on the boat.

2001 Honda B15 4 stroke 15hp motor. Bought it in great condition with low hours. Take the cover off and it is immaculate. Easy pull start and I can usually get it to start within 2 pulls cold, and it starts on the first pull when warm. Very quiet, fuel efficient, reliable and you can fish Diamond Valley or Skinner due to the low emissions rating. Paid $1200.00

MotorGuide® Pro Series Freshwater Trolling Motor 54lb Thrust with a 50” shaft. Lots of power for this light boat, I can fish puddingstone completely through the course of a day without firing up the outboard, bought it new for $444.99.

Brand New 6 Gallon Gas tank, paid $25

Lowrance X15 7 inch display, gps compatible, bought brand new in the box for $499.99. Needs the gps puck and cables to fully utilize potential. Also needs temperature sensor.

Toho Rig Livewell with two 300gph Rule Bilge Pumps, fully wired and plumbed. Took out the useless middle storage compartment to fit more and bigger fish. I've fit a couple of 36-40 lb 5 fish limits in it. Livewell plus pumps cost $240.

Bass Pro Shops XPS 5amp onboard charger, small and compact and very efficient. Fully charges the battery overnight. Paid $89.99

Brand new Battery (Walmart) with a 2 year warranty, not sure of the model but I power the Trolling motor, Lowrance graph, and 2 bilge pumps for a full fishing day and have not lost power once. Kick butt battery, paid $99.99

$350 worth of trailer upgrades including new 12” wheels and tires, bearings, bearing buddies, keel rollers, 5 foot carpeted bunk boards sitting on 10 inch vertical bunk brackets to increase the ground clearance of the boat.

LED Trailer light kit bought brand new with wiring for $49.99, no more busted bulbs from backing in the trailer.

Cabelas Hatch for the bow compartment $49.99

$600 worth of 2x4’s, ½ inch Plywood, stainless steel and galvanized hardware, wood sealant, stainless steel piano hinges, and a priceless amount of blood, sweat, and almost tears.

$133 for the Decko Dot Vinyl Marine flooring. I chose this because it has a nice look to it, has a great grip even when wet, and very easy to clean.

Rod Saver transom straps $29.99

$200 worth of Aluminum welding to extend bow plate to mount the trolling motor and graph, as well as some structural support on the transom.

$3 bow roller! And $2 cleat!

These are all add ons, and don’t even include the price of the boat and trailer. Registration for the boat is paid for 2009, the trailer I believe paid for over 2 or 5 years. It has an annual pass for Castaic, Castaic Lagoo, Sante Fe Dam and Puddingstone until April of 2010.

She is also currently tagged and ready for Casitas at this moment.

The pink slip is in hand and ready for transfer.

Upgrades alone cost me $3812.92 and I’m sure I’m forgetting stuff.

Last year I almost sold her for $3200, but now with the economic crisis I've dropped the price on a super economic fishing boat.

I’m asking $2200 or best offer for this kick butt fishing machine. She's seen a lot of big bait eatin' fish in her day.

The storage space on this thing are ridiculous, a total of 6 compartments. The boat is located in San Dimas, and a trip to Puddingstone to check her out can be arranged.

Please email me with any questions oliverngy at yahoo.com

Thanks for looking

That's a cool little aluminum!
    Good luck on the sale!

now that is one killer deal.. i'm sure rooster, yama or geordy is gonna be all over this. If i didnt have a boat already i'd be at your door right now.

how much heavier is the boat with all the 2x4's and 1/2 inch wood? I am in the process of upgrading my boat similar to your setup, but am still undecided about weight and design.
    Last edited by HEMAN; 07-01-2009 at 08:18 AM.

If i didnt have a boat already i'd be at your door right now.
    I straight up pondered hocking off a $3000 heli to buy this but I have nowhere to put a boat

I could slay some serious fish on this machine.

i was thinking about buying it and taking some (ok alot) of the parts and i could probably still sell it back for $2200...

The 2x4's and plywood prob add about 150 lbs of weight but the tradeoff in comfortability when fishing is well worth it.

Like Heman said, there is a lot of money tied into the parts alone, the boat is just extra. Feel free to take the whole thing off my hands and cannabilize it for another boat.

This really is a great boat for the cost, I already have a serious potential buyer so if you're interested, I suggest contacting me asap.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    now that is one killer deal.. i'm sure rooster, yama or geordy is gonna be all over this.
    I would be all over this if i was a bass guy. Nice setup... Im lookin for something like this without all the decks.

Im sure this will be sold quickly. Nicely done upgrades

I'm going to miss her....SOLD!:(