Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SARL 6/29 Evening

Default SARL 6/29 Evening

I looked at the recent catch pictures on the Santa Ana River Lakes board before trying it last night. My bad. The pics showed small catches, which were dated.

Next, I read posts on this board and noted that most of the "catching" was from boats, which provide more options than fishing the shoreline. But, when it's "on" I can do very well from shore.

Then, I checked out the size of the fish caught. Most were smaller than trout.

Who do I blame for my poor outing? MY SELF. You see -- I just had to get out in spite of the "red flags" above. Another way to put it: I needed a fishing fix.

Fished from shore and moved to different spots. Caught 2 small catfish. Almost embarrassed by their small size. Sorry. No pics. Not worth taking the camera out for dinks.

Nice air, clean shoreline and good exercise but poor shore fishing. Save your money until they get serious with their stocking in a few weeks. (Also, live shad were everywhere. No wonder the cat fishing stunk. Tons of shad in that lake. The cats have feasted on them.)

I still like SARL but would not go back until they post some real cat fishing action from it.

Have a great 4th of July.....

Thanks for the report.

Thanks for the honest play by play....seems like all the pay lakes are stocking smaller grade catfish right now, hopefully that will change as the season wears on. Oh well fishing is fishing and catching a little something is just icing on the cake! Congrats on punking the skunk and getting some time out on the water.

TD

I was there last Thursday night and had the same resluts...fished from shore and picked up a couple of tiny Cats. Had bites all night though which kept it interesting. Still waiting for that Sturgeon!!

That is why we post here and read the reports before we head out to our favorite lakes. The reports tell the truth, lake websites like SARL will hype up the action to make you go and spend your money. READ THE REPORTS!!!!Save you fellow FNN members the time, hassle and money by posting the TRUTH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CASTAWAY View Post
    Thanks for the report.

Ditto..............

Thanks for the report.
    Next time, though, just go to Fairmount Park. lolol Same action as SARL, but its free.

Yeah thanks for the info. If the fish are gonna be small they can or should charge less to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by SkunkyZach View Post
    Thanks for the report.
    Next time, though, just go to Fairmount Park. lolol Same action as SARL, but its free.
    Haha Fo Real

Quote Originally Posted by Troutslayer620 View Post
    That is why we post here and read the reports before we head out to our favorite lakes. The reports tell the truth, lake websites like SARL will hype up the action to make you go and spend your money. READ THE REPORTS!!!!Save you fellow FNN members the time, hassle and money by posting the TRUTH!!!!
    Hell yea dude we need to let our fellow FNN's know the real deal and give each other the heads up

they will stock bigger ones after the have finished mating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast