Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: balboa pier today

Default balboa pier today

some guys caught a huge lobster today at the balboa pier. that thing was massive. it looked like it got snagged by their fishing hook because it was hanging by the leg. everybody gathered around them snapping pictures and i was going to tell them that lobster season is over but before you knew it, they had all disappeared.

very surprising because i've never heard of anybody catching lobsters at the pier before and especially that big, but those guys are having a delicious lobster dinner tonight

Quote Originally Posted by fightfan View Post
    some guys caught a huge lobster today at the balboa pier. that thing was massive. it looked like it got snagged by their fishing hook because it was hanging by the leg. everybody gathered around them snapping pictures and i was going to tell them that lobster season is over but before you knew it, they had all disappeared.

very surprising because i've never heard of anybody catching lobsters at the pier before and especially that big, but those guys are having a delicious lobster dinner tonight
    not to mention it's illegal to keep one caught by line & hook :T

i'd venture to guess they didn't really care though. shoot, it would be hard for me to care too! i bet if the DFG were around it'd be a different story though...

hahahah, they are eating like fat politicians...wait a minute arnold did say he was visiting balboa..hhhmmmm?economy is that bad huh??

lobster from the pier isnt unheard of, i have a pier i go to where i can find lobster day after day during season, i used to bring about 5 home a day that i thought were keepers, in this same spot you can also get dungenous crab and spiders

Quote Originally Posted by xjdesertfox View Post
    lobster from the pier isnt unheard of, i have a pier i go to where i can find lobster day after day during season, i used to bring about 5 home a day that i thought were keepers, in this same spot you can also get dungenous crab and spiders
    you must be up north cuz down in the south, it's rare that you catch a lobster from a pier, plus we don't get dungeys here either
    Last edited by fightfan; 07-03-2009 at 10:20 PM.

Fricken Poachers. They darn well knew that Lobster Season is over and thats why they all split very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by fightfan View Post
    you must be up north cuz down in the south, it's rare that you catch a lobster from a pier, plus we don't get dungeys here either
    i head out to a spot in ventura county, if youre interested PM me, i wouldnt want the lurkers to find out about it.

Default dungenes and lobster

both and as close as venture im going have a look around when season opens.

People catch lobsters at all the piers... I usually go to Redondo and they catch lobsters there. It's not wide open or anything, but they do catch them there.