Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: City park session

Default City park session

After a long fun day, which included a lunch at Philippe's Sandwiches in L.A., walking around Chinatown, and checking out Fishing 25 in Korea Town; I was actually able to have time to fish! So I hit up my favorite local city park lake, which I haven't been to in a while (those of you who know me, probably know the lake).

I arrived there at about 6:30 pm and fished the top lake since the other was full of cat fisherman. Decided to throw the morning dawn color because of the water clarity (clearing up well). Got a hit drop shotting an area that fry were jumping but he didn't take it. Casted same spot worked it nice and HOOKUP! for a tiny dink. I can see fry (carp I believe) jumping around the same area.

Another short bite, so I casted same place... Nothing. Again... nothing. Once more, WHAM!!! feels better than the first! Then I feel a strong pull! It's a decent size bass! I'm letting it run since I have light line, and finally see green. It's a very good size, especially for top lake! About to lip, but it makes it's final run... tire it out and finally land it for a 3 3/4lb beauty! Wanted to throw it in the bigger lake but the bucket fisherman might see this beauty and try getting it. Looked like it was healthy enough (usually the bass in top lake are skinny) so I decided to let it back in the top. Morning Dawn Robo should also be called Evening Sunset

Pics: (Screw you lurkers! I know you're looking! Edited picture time!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2747.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	13539   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass edit 5.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	13540  

damn, now your fishing in DC.

great work out there.

hahaha...lurkers..good catch hommie. just do that ninjitsu chokehold deal to scare them off biley...lol
    Last edited by BIG*GAME*HUNTER; 06-27-2009 at 10:26 AM.

Nice work Brother.