Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i need some live well schoolin

ok whats up with these? i know one needs to be pluged up are the other 2 for the live wells?

Quote Originally Posted by matt duarte View Post
    can someone give me a lession in these live wells... theres what looks to be a drain hole at the bottom of the live well and at the top of the live well theres another port with a white fittng on the outside of the boat...i was thinking thats how the water comes in the live well? from the lake? theres also a pvc pipe looking thing on the top side of the live well with what im assuming is a on and off valve..i was thinking that this is the airrator? or something to circulate the water..looks like it has a hose that connects all the way to the back of the boat to the bilge pump im guessin...cant see the pumps...big build in gas tank in the way..i can take pix if needed..
    if you cant get it togather do what i did recurculating livewell in a icechest with an oxygenatorworks better than any livewell could alot cheaper to
    i built this one but it failed so i just converted the icechest!!!
    plus use the u2 oxygenator aditive to take out the amonia and stuff and no need to pump in fresh water as long as you keep it recurculating and oygenated and cool your good to go... and just use that old livewell for storage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	13592   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	038.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	13593  

those pics are the failed cre8tion no pics of the icechest/livewell if your inteseted let me know i will post em for ya not a problem

my live wells are recirulating...i dont think i need the bubble maker..

anyone have a answer for the pic posted above
    Last edited by matt duarte; 06-29-2009 at 07:50 PM.

my live wells are recirulating...i dont think i need the bubble maker..

anyone have a answer for the pic posted above

Not positive but one has to be the intake for the livewell and the other is most likely an outtake or drain.

Seems like you have a few too many holes for some reason.

You should start running some water through them all and see where they lead, start narrowing down what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by PHISHnutS View Post
    Not positive but one has to be the intake for the livewell and the other is most likely an outtake or drain.

Seems like you have a few too many holes for some reason.

You should start running some water through them all and see where they lead, start narrowing down what they are.
    cool cool i know one had a plud in it (the one on the far right) and the one in the middle, theres a tunnel that runs down the center of the hull so i figured it went to that.. so the one on the far left should be the intake for live wells im guess... how many holes are spose to be there? maybe i need to plug more than one

the center one seems like you can screw on a water hose to it...it has some threads on it. the left one looks like the port holes on the side of the boat like for the bilge or over flow..

ok whats up with these? i know one needs to be pluged up are the other 2 for the live wells?
    The one on the right should be the drain for the bilge area. That's the one that should be plugged up before you put the boat in the water. If you don't have one, Wal Mart carries them for $3 I think.

The other two can either be intakes to each of your livewell or just one is an intake and one is an overflow from your livewells.

Or you can talk to Mariner Supply store for the boat things. They might help you, bring the picture and show the pix to them

Socal Bassman is right on, the one on the right should be centered, and the lowesr possible place, which makes it your Bilge Drain. As for the other two, do they have hoses attached or are the just the fittings? If they have hoses trace them, if not, you can use them any way you want. IMO the one in the middle of the 3 was probably the intake, it llooks broken. The usually have a threaqded nipple with a strainer that screws on. I am not a fan of thru hull water pick ups on the transom, it is possible to stop pumping water due to speed. I like thru hulls that go through the bilge, and they have a strainer and face foward, so, as you move forward, it pushes water through the system with or with out the pump running. It also saves batteries, when you are running the boat, you can shut the pump off and let the scoop do the work!
    http://www.boatingstore.com/us/scoop...ull-p8158.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast