Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i need some live well schoolin

Default i need some live well schoolin

can someone give me a lession in these live wells... theres what looks to be a drain hole at the bottom of the live well and at the top of the live well theres another port with a white fittng on the outside of the boat...i was thinking thats how the water comes in the live well? from the lake? theres also a pvc pipe looking thing on the top side of the live well with what im assuming is a on and off valve..i was thinking that this is the airrator? or something to circulate the water..looks like it has a hose that connects all the way to the back of the boat to the bilge pump im guessin...cant see the pumps...big build in gas tank in the way..i can take pix if needed..

The basic rundown is....

Your intake should be in the back of the boat, a port/hole with a screen over it most likely. It will usually have an inline pump and pump the water into your livewell through that elbow looking fitting, to circulate the water. Once your livewell fills up it will run out another hole in the well and out the side or back of your boat, seperate hole from the intake.

The hole at the bottom of the livewell is the drain.

I'm sure Geordybass will explain it much better
    Last edited by PHISHnutS; 06-24-2009 at 02:10 PM.

ya im confused about the live well in the front of the boat... theres a port on the out side of the boat that just runs thu to the live well..then theres the exit hole at the bottom of the live well.. and that thing that i was talkin about that at the top of the tank connected with a hose going thru to the back of the boat.... theres 3 live wells or one bait tank and 2 live wells... 2 in back and one in front

The port on the side of the boat is just for the water to run out while you are running the livewell, so it does not overflow. You run the pump while fish are in there and the water just runs out the side of the boat, just a continous flow. At the end of the day you pull the drain/plug on the bottom and drain it completely.

ok that makes a lil more sence...so this thing right here is a pump to pump the water in?
    thats the valve thing..and the drain plug hole
    this is the port going from the inside of the live well ot the out side

and these are the outside ports..

That's about right, but the white deal on the top is probably just some kinda regulator nozzle and the pump is most likely somewhere between the livewell and the back of the boat, an inline style pump.

The pump should be located in the bilge area somewhere. The pump should be attached to a hose from the outside of the boat to your livewell. That's how you fill it. The one on the bottom of your livewell is your drain. It should have a hose going out the back of the boat. Then there should be another pipe or hole near the top of the livewell. That should be the overflow. It either will be connected to a hose going out of the boat or into your bilge.

Matt, what area of Riverside are you in? I work in Riverside and can maybe come by and take a look.

kinda in the jurupa, indian hills, rubidoux area...

Copy, I pass through there on the 60 to and from work! Let me know if you still are not sure.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast