Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing the highline

Default Fishing the highline

This is a late report......I am generally a lurker, pouring over the message board for where the bites are but decided I should finally participate....Anyways, spent the whole weekend fish the Highline canal from Niland down to the All American canal....All I can say is..it was awesome....slow in some parts of the canal because apparently they just dredged it, but I noticed folks pulling up 20lb cats on nightcrawlers, I and my crew pulled out about 15 keeper cats and a whole mess of littler ones, plus one carp about 10lbs and two turtle.....kept the 15 cats for a father's day fish fry but let the little ones and turtles go......My biggest catch was about a 10lber........Simply used Nightcrawlers.....

Ok....guess that's it

Thanks for the report. Glad you caught your fathers day dinner and had fun with your family. Some day take some pictures so we can see your fish.

Tight Lines,

Jig-Guy

I just noticed you are in Victorville, I live in Hesperia. Do you ever fish over at Mojave Narrows?
    Last edited by Jig-Guy; 06-24-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Nice .. I want to hit to Canal fishing soon but the weather is unforgiving.. I was in Quartzsite and it was 105+

Yeah, I love the Narrows, and it generally produces for me year around......but sometimes it gets crowded and the wind picks ups ......sure you understand

Thats all right Alpha.. N/c's is simple enough.. I love to fish down that wayy aside from the heat.. Wheww gets hot!!!
    Did you fish the gates or just along the stretches..

CS

I did the both of them.....had the best luck in the stretches though...but saw guys pulling monsters around the gates.....the only thing I caught around the gates were the softshelled turtles....
    Last edited by ALphaMale; 06-24-2009 at 10:21 AM.

Did you see any Bass along the way?

Nope.....lots of carp and cats...but no bass

Did you get all those fish during day time?Were any of those big cats flat heads?

All Big flattys