Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hanson Dam & Balboa Lake

I remember going as a kid fishing at Balboa, ended catching tilapia with some of my taco bell lol, good times

Some nice bass are pulled out of Hanson Dam. Don't be a hater just cry later.

Bigred

Default any day fishing is better than work

if they out of the house and having fishing its all good

LAKE BALBOA is a cool plae to take a kid fishing and keep him interestead in the sport cuz you can catch a lot of fish in a couple of hrs.. using light line and a small hook split shot and a quarter of a worm... I'v had days where we cought and released over 100 fish beetween my me my two kids... so go take the kids and have fun but dont eat the fish...MB

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    I think you about summed it up in the first line....enjoy your lawn and the rest of your chores.

You come off as some hardcore angler degrading places some people go to simply enjoy the outdoors or spend time with their family and yet you're hopscotching City park lakes in the San Fernando Valley? WTF did you expect Ansel Adams? Maybe you should volunteer for a kids event at Hansen dam someday to help open your eyes a little, because you have clearly missed the boat.

Welcome to the board btw, great first report

TD
    Love the comeback TD!!! Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    I think you about summed it up in the first line....enjoy your lawn and the rest of your chores.

You come off as some hardcore angler degrading places some people go to simply enjoy the outdoors or spend time with their family and yet you're hopscotching City park lakes in the San Fernando Valley? WTF did you expect Ansel Adams? Maybe you should volunteer for a kids event at Hansen dam someday to help open your eyes a little, because you have clearly missed the boat.

Welcome to the board btw, great first report

TD

Ditto on what he said

Quote Originally Posted by cavanaugh View Post
    why anyone would fish either of these concrete ponds i have no clue.

I had played the woodley lakes golf course for many years but never fished balboa lake until tuesday (6/22/09) and won't be fishing at balboa ever again. What a pathetically sad attempt by the city to make fishing fun. For starters the water at balboa lake is reclaimed and smells awful. Second, unless you're 5 or 6 years old or stuck in the wild without gear, no one should be fishing with a worm on a hook with a bobber tossed 6 feet away so you can watch the fish take the hook? Really comical watching dudes fishing this way. Especially when fishing for fish tank size 4" nothings. And then there's the carp. Why bother.

Next is hansen dam. Don't even bother fishing during the summer from the banks. The water is too hot and only the minnows are near the shore. With a normal rig using a spinner you'll never cast out far enough to catch anything other than a sunburn. If you want to try your luck at catching planted catfish here you'll need to bring a surf rod and cast a mile into the center of the pond.

If these two lakes are your only two options to fish, better off mowing the yard and taking out the trash.

wtf :lol::rofl:

City Park, Bobber, Hook, Little Worm, C&R

Enough said...
    Last edited by glumace; 07-06-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glumace View Post
    City Park, Bobber, Hook, Little Worm, C&R

Enough said...
    td you hit it on the nose and glumace you just showed this dude what angling is.."fishing" is for eating-anglers is catch photo release at least thats how i view it..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12