Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be Award Winning Chicken BBQ

Default Soon to be Award Winning Chicken BBQ

Ok, I always like to check out different seasonings and mixtures and stuff. I am constantly looking and buying the newest and latest stuff that comes to the shelfs. This afternoon I was at a supermarket and was looking at the spice section and I got Famous Daves Rib Rub. ( it says he use it on everything. ) then I picked up some McCormick's Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb seasoning. I also got a thingie of McCormick's California Style Garlic Powder. ( it has parsley added to it )

So I washed the chicken half breasts and patted them dry. I placed the chicken breasts on a plate and poured a goodly amount of EVOO ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil ) on both sides. Then I poured a goodly amount of the Grill mates Roasted Garlic & herb, followed by a nice sprinkling Famous Daves Rib Rub & then some garlic powder. I then covered with scran wrap and let marniade in the fridge while I went out and got the coals going in the webber.

I place the coals all to one side for indirect grilling. This works great and lets the meat slow cook and its all tender and juicy. So, I get a good amount of coals and place them to one side of the kettle.

I am also grilling some Tri-Tip so I put a more coals than I would if I was just grilling chicken.

So , after the coals start to turn gray I put the Tri-Tip on first and the the chicken breast around the rest of the grill, ( still off to the other side away from the flame )

I like using the half breasts with the rib bone because I can grill it on one side for apox . 30 min. and its done tasty with out opening the lid at all. It depends on how hot the coals are.

I then let the chicken rest ( very important that you do this. let your meat rest apox. 5 to 8 min. before you cut into it. I will plate it and wrap foil around it and let it rest that way.

After that its all eating. I like to have some bbq sauce on the side of my plate and dunk the chicken into it. I perfer Cattlemn's Classic barbecue sauce with my chicken.

I hope you enjoy and get out and try this and new stuff on the BBQ this Summer.

TM65 ( Grill Master )
    Last edited by Troutman65; 06-23-2009 at 08:04 PM.

If u like buffalo sauce try puttin franks red hot buffalo sauce on some chicken before bbqin then while in the grill season with webers smokey mesquite seasoning, best damn chicken i ever made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DccFISHerMan View Post
    If u like buffalo sauce try puttin franks red hot buffalo sauce on some chicken before bbqin then while in the grill season with webers smokey mesquite seasoning, best damn chicken i ever made!!!

I almost picked up some of the webbers smokey mesquite seasoning today. I will try this next time. Thanks for reading and your reply.

That sounds pretty darn good there GrillMaster65 and may very well be a future bbq item at the next Vine gathering!

I wanted to reiterate something from the above..... "do not lift the lid!!!!", especially if it is Patrick's lid and trust me when I say you'll NEVER do it again!

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 06-23-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    That sounds pretty darn good there GrillMaster65 and may very well be a future bbq item at the next Vine gathering!

I wanted to reiterate something from the above..... "do not lift the lid!!!!", especially if it is Patrick's lid and trust me when I say you'll NEVER do it again!

TD

Yeah TD, nothing pisses me off more than when somone lifts my lid on my BBQ while I am slow grilling. It really messes up the time and heat thingie.

No worries , I get over being mad soon enough.

We will just keep it a TD. OK ?

For the record it wasn't me that flipped tm's lid!!!!!!:rofl:

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    For the record it wasn't me that flipped tm's lid!!!!!!:rofl:

TD

Yeah, Your right Aaron . It was not you . I just want to protect the guy who did it. He did not know. I kind of feel bad about it now. But , don't mess with my BBQ

Another reason I wanted to try the seasoning that I did to the chicken is because the next day ( today as it turns out ) I like to make a cold sandwich out of it. ( the chicken) for lunch thats what I am just going to do. I know after tasting the chicken last night it's going to be a GREAT chicken sandwich.

Man O man, this chicken was so licking good I am Qing another batch tonight. You really should try this recipe . I will have very few samples at Irvine lake tommorow before 3 PM. The first 5 people who show up and buy their entry passes for Friday nights CATFISHing will get to sample this Kicking , Licking , Chicken After 3 PM no good as the grill master will have left the lake.

GM65
    ( Grill Master65 )
    Last edited by Troutman65; 06-25-2009 at 07:40 PM.

I saw one . I gave the food to Vineline.

You are killing me MR. Grill Master... It's spelled WEBER, NOT WEBBER!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast