Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Season Begins

Default Season Begins

When does Lobster season starts up again?

Default Bug Season

The Spiny Lobster season starts on the Saturday preceding the first Wednesday in October...In Plain English: Saturday October 3rd. 2009.
    Jim / Saba Slayer

Thanks Jim, I was trying to find my DFG handbook but figured this might be easier

Where do you go to "fish" lobster?

Thanks from the newbie!
    Molly

Default lobster

you can catch lobster anywere there is structure are local breakwaters are a good place to start but you need a boat you can get them off the local piers as well but not very good fishing the technique is pretty simple you bait a hoop net drop to the bottom return 20 30 mineutes later pull like crazy and hopefuuly you have a few bugs

Man I can't wait for bug season to start. Never done it before but I met some guys on my last 2 day trip that are willing to take me on their PB when the season rolls around.

Sure hope some of the bigger models are crawling this year Got a hook up RR? Remember your friends lol ......OFG

if anyone is planning on diving for some bugs, please let me know. Im trying to get as much dive experience as i can