Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tipsy Tubie

im a leo, shes a leo, and my son, who was born on my bday is a leo ,some serious head buttin in da house on who rules the roost.lol

My friend almost flipped once reaching for a spottie in the nph, i thot it was rather funny. Im like 260 6'4 i have never flipped or anything. I have noticed i sit a quite a bit lower then my buds in the water haha.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBASS MB View Post
    Just like anything, you should always use good judgment, think about safety first, I cant see how the tube can tip over but if you lean forward and hang off the front you may fall in the water. be safe MB

DITTO!!!
    Once while trying to land an Alper's on the Twin Lakes in Mammoth, I leaned forward in my Buck's Bullet and almost flipped forward. I now have a Fat Cat and it has the same balance problem. Fortunately I have a PAC 800 and a Water Master which I use much more frequently.
    I recently sold the Bullet and I use the Fat Cat for backpacking day trips only.

Quote Originally Posted by fndaway66 View Post
    I take it some of you have never tubed Crowley, Convict or any of the High Sierra lakes when big winds would pick up! Local winds are easy.
    I always take either my PAC 800 or Water Master when I fish these waters. Been out there far from my original take-out point when the wind suddenly came up and started to blow 20-25mph with gusts to 40. That's when it gets really nasty. Fortunately I was in my Water Master but my friend was in his Buck's Bullet. I ended up towing him in. By the time we got to the take-out, he was soaked! He hasn't been out since. You should have seen the waves!

I've seen people almost drown because they couldn't flip the tube back over or get out of their waders fast enough. If you talk to enough guides all over the world, most will have a story about someone who either drowned or almost drowned because the're waders filled with water too fast (even with a wader belt). Over the years I've read many articles about angler's who don't take wading or float tubing with a floatation device seriously. If you've ever floated a river with a guide almost anywhere these days you'll notice that a PFD is required nowdays. That should tell you something.

I WEAR an SOS Suspender system when I fish. I've already tempted fate a couple of times. Fishng is not worth dying over.
    Just my opinion.
    LW

Quote Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
    DITTO!!!
    Once while trying to land an Alper's on the Twin Lakes in Mammoth, I leaned forward in my Buck's Bullet and almost flipped forward. I now have a Fat Cat and it has the same balance problem. Fortunately I have a PAC 800 and a Water Master which I use much more frequently.
    I recently sold the Bullet and I use the Fat Cat for backpacking day trips only.

I always take either my PAC 800 or Water Master when I fish these waters. Been out there far from my original take-out point when the wind suddenly came up and started to blow 20-25mph with gusts to 40. That's when it gets really nasty. Fortunately I was in my Water Master but my friend was in his Buck's Bullet. I ended up towing him in. By the time we got to the take-out, he was soaked! He hasn't been out since. You should have seen the waves!

I've seen people almost drown because they couldn't flip the tube back over or get out of their waders fast enough. If you talk to enough guides all over the world, most will have a story about someone who either drowned or almost drowned because the're waders filled with water too fast (even with a wader belt). Over the years I've read many articles about angler's who don't take wading or float tubing with a floatation device seriously. If you've ever floated a river with a guide almost anywhere these days you'll notice that a PFD is required nowdays. That should tell you something.

I WEAR an SOS Suspender system when I fish. I've already tempted fate a couple of times. Fishng is not worth dying over.
    Just my opinion.
    LW
    If you get caught guiding a river trip without everyone involved wearing a pfd you'll lose your permit, insurance, and rep. Serious screwup. I was a whitewater guide and did trout trips in No Calif. for many years. That rule is written in stone.

i just dont wear waders lolz

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    i just dont wear waders lolz
    I normally don't but now I will have to try tipping it with them on so I can see how rough that is.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345